20/20: The Plans


My Eating and Exercise Plans

Now that I know I need to eat 1200 calories and burn 300 or eat 1300 and burn 500, I need to know when I will do these. I plan on switching it up, to keep my metabolism guessing, and keep my muscles from getting sore/tired.

Monday: Eat 1200 calories and burn 300 calories by riding my stationary bike for a half hour.
Tuesday: Eat 1300 calories and burn 500 by riding my bike for a half hour and then using my Wii fit for a half hour.
Wednesday: Eat 1200 calories and burn 300 calories on the Wii Fit for an hour.
Thursday: Eat 1200 calories and burn 300 on the bike for a half hour.
Friday: Eat 1300 calories and burn 500 on the bike for a half hour and Wii Fit.
Saturday: Eat 1300 calories and burn 500/600 on the bike for an hour.
Sunday- Eat 1200 calories and have a rest on the exercise! (Still keeping a 300 calorie deficit!)

You can see this all illustrated graphically in my handy dandy chart that is on the bulletin board in the kitchen- right next to my weight tracking chart!



This is my bulletin board- I also keep on it the week's menu so that I know what to pull out of the freezer the night before, and John can look and see for himself what is for supper. (I MAY also keep some frequently used recipes on there- pizza dough and buttercream frosting.)



Now, for the food. How will I know how many calories I am taking in?

Well, my day until I get home from work at 6:30 is the same, every day.

Breakfast: A hard boiled egg and protein rich cereal bar (these both help HUGELY in keeping me full)- 218 calories

AM Snack: An apple- 72 calories

Lunch: Soup or a Sandwich (100-200), Carrot Sticks (50 calories), 1 tbsp fat free ranch dressing (50), a 100 calorie snack of some sort (chips, cookie, granola bar, trail mix, etc.)- 375 Calories

PM Snack: 1/2 Banana (53), 2% Cheddar Cheesestick (keeps me full until I get home) (60)= 113 Calories

This is a total of 778 calories until I get home from work, leaving me 526 calories or 422 calories based on how much I am planning on exercising.

Supper will be 400 calories each day, and the surplus calories are used towards night time snacks- on days with more available, I eat Weight Watcher's Ice cream cups or a serving (1/4 cup) of trail mix. Days with fewer leftover calories, I eat Sugar Free Jell-O with Light Cool Whip or air popped popcorn with Zero calorie Parkay butter spray.

YUM.

Anonymous –   – (March 23, 2009 at 11:01 AM)  

Hi Samantha! This is Jessica R. from your buddy group! I love your blog. Some of the rewards I'm giving myself: pedicure, new top, night at the movies, massage from my husband, and a date night with my husband (where I get to choose :)). I'm giving myself a reward at every 2.5 pound loss, because I too tend to fall off the wagon pretty easily and I think having the rewards happen often will help me keep on track. :)

Samantha  – (March 23, 2009 at 1:31 PM)  

Hi Jessica!
I like the idea of doing rewards more often- I have the same problem with falling off the wagon.

I think I might do the iTunes song for every pound lost and then every 5 pounds get a $5 bouquet from the grocery store for the dining room table.

For 20 pounds, I'm not sure what I want to do yet! Maybe go get a massage?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP