Cupcakes!

We had friends over last night, so I made a couple of different types of cupcakes- Cookie Dough and Boston Cream. I only used one box of cake mix, so I only got a half of a batch of each type, but obviously both could be made in a full batch.


Cookie Dough Cupcakes
(adapted from Get in my Belly)

1 box of white/yellow cake mix
1 can of white frosting (John made me a batch of homemade buttercream)
1 package of store bought tube cookie dough

-Make the box per instructions.
-Place a little batter in the bottom of each cup
-Place one pre set cookie circle in the middle of each cup
-Top with more batter
-Bake according to Box's instructions
-Let cool
-Mix cookie dough tube in with white icing (the ration depends on your taste preference, do you want to taste more icing or more cookie?)
-Ice Cupcakes
-Take some leftover cookie dough and roll in into the smallest balls you've ever made and place in over set on 350.
-Bake and watch VERY VERY closely!
-Once cooked and cooled place on top of cupcakes.


My little cookies on top ended up a little large... And when I put the cookie dough in the cupcake, after they baked, the tops sunk in! It looked like someone stuck their finger into my cupcakes! I just filled the hole in with the frosting though :)



Boston Cream Cupcakes

-1 box of yellow cake mix
-1 box of instant french vanilla pudding

Ganache:
(adapted from Alton Brown's Ganache Recipe)

-3 tbsp corn syrup
-6 oz heavy cream
-12 oz dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract

-Make the cupcakes according to the box's instructions.
-While the cupcakes are baking, prepare the pudding according to the box instructions.
-Let the cupcakes cool.
-After the cupcakes have cooled, fill them with the pudding (this method looks like it works way better than mine- I didn't get enough pudding in the center of the cupcakes by just sticking the tip into the cupcake).
-Finally, prepare the ganache. In a small saucepan combine the corn syrup and heavy cream. Bring to a simmer and add the chocolate. Stir until smooth. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract.

(I just kind of made up my own ganache using a couple of handfuls of chocolate chips, a squirt of corn syrup & a splash of vanilla- scientific eh? I figured you would prefer the Alton Brown exact recipe.)

-Dip the tops of the cupcakes into the melty ganache. Top with a cherry. (Since my filling method didn't work so well, I had pudding oozing out of the top of the cupcake & this made it difficult for the ganache to stick to the tops- the other method will prevent this.)

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha  – (March 17, 2009 at 12:09 PM)  

I would like an order of the Boston Cream cupcakes please!

rab  – (March 18, 2009 at 2:45 PM)  

OMG samantha...how can a girl EVEN think about losing a few pounds after visiting your BLOG??? those cookie cupcakes...YUMMY! did you make up that recipe??

Samantha  – (March 18, 2009 at 8:33 PM)  

sorry renee! they were wicked good and no, i didn't come up with the recipe on my own.. i saw it on another blog :)

Anonymous –   – (March 23, 2009 at 3:02 PM)  

hmmm ... a cupcake topped with a cookie ... YES PLEASE! :)

Samantha  – (March 23, 2009 at 3:04 PM)  

.. and cookie dough on the inside!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP