30 Day Shred


So I hopped on the bandwagon and started the 30 Day Shred. I have always loved Jillian on the Biggest Loser and then after reading (and seeing!) so many positive reviews of the Shred, I had to follow. Especially when I saw it for so dang cheap on Amazon.

I ordered the DVD Monday, but since the Shred is currently available for free OnDemand, I started on Monday at level 1. I will do each of the 3 levels for 10 days.

The workout on Monday was intense! It is only 20 minutes long (maybe a little longer including the warmup and cool down), but I was shaking afterward. My legs were like jelly. Yesterday (Tuesday) was no joke. I was so sore. More sore than when I started playing hockey again. I procrastinated shredding again because I knew it would hurt even more than Monday due to the soreness. I did it though- I wanted to cross off that day on the shred calendar I made.

I was about to cry while I was doing it. If I thought yesterday was bad from Monday's workout, I don't know what today is. At least twice as bad. My calves, hammies, quads- all burning. I dread getting up to pee... and with the amount of water I drink, I'm always getting up. AHHH. And to think, I get to shred tonight too! At least it goes quickly and felt shorter yesterday than I was thinking it would.

Meredith  – (April 15, 2009 at 8:50 PM)  

Please keep good form even when you're tired!

I love the Shred, but I know for a fact that my bad squat form (because I was tired) while doing The 30 Day Shred caused my recent knee injury.

Samantha  – (April 15, 2009 at 8:51 PM)  

Yikes. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Anonymous –   – (April 16, 2009 at 1:12 AM)  

Keep it up! It does seem to go faster once you know what's coming! I love the Shred ... I need to get on a schedule though. I tend to do it just "whenever"

Krista  – (April 16, 2009 at 3:34 PM)  

I just ordered it. I've seen so many positive reviews, yours finally pushed me over the edge. Thanks for the link to the Amazon site... what a great price!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP