Birthday Cupcakes!


Since I was branching out by making the non-standard birthday cake for John's mom, I also made yellow cupcakes and stuffed them with chocolate frosting and topped them with standard Wilton Buttercream.

In order to stuff the cupcakes, I've found the best method to be cutting out a bit of the center, slicing the extra cupcake off of the "cap" and then using a piping bag to pipe frosting into the cupcake before placing the "cap" back onto the cupcake.

1- Cut out the centers. I keep my cupcakes lined up in the same order, and then match the caps up so that there are no fitting problems later. You can kind of see in the first picture that the caps are flatter than the hole in the cupcake. I just cut flat across the inside part of the cap to make room for frosting!



2- Fill the cupcakes. The biggest tip I have is a star one.


3- Put the caps back on and frost!

Pam  – (May 3, 2009 at 6:31 PM)  

Super cute! What type of tip do you use? I love the texture of the icing!

Samantha  – (May 3, 2009 at 6:47 PM)  

Its a large star tip.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_WTDIdAEaIWc/Sde1nSob_UI/AAAAAAAAAQc/XFnL5m1TIg0/s400/402-13+_mpg1.jpg

Like the second from the top on the far right. The tip I used is still dirty, so I can't see which one it exactly is!

Kelly  – (May 4, 2009 at 7:45 PM)  

Oh those look amazing! So different!
~Kelly
http://redsoxcap.blogspot.com

Samantha  – (May 4, 2009 at 7:48 PM)  

Thanks! They tasted good too! One was definitely enough though- SO MUCH SUGAR!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP