Let there Be Light!

For the past 3 months, we have been living with lightbulbs hanging from the ceiling in the kitchen/dining area, the hallway and the office. The dining area will get a pendant, but for the hall and office I wanted a flush mount fixture.



There are TONS of these things around and for relatively cheap, so you would think that it would be easy for me to just order some and get them up, right?



...Not so much. You see just about every model of this type of light looks like a boob. Really.. it is all I see when I look at those things! Literally every shape and color.. all boobs.



Nickel..

Bronze..



Nice and rounded, eh?



Long and pointy...



Finally I found one on Overstock that will work for me. It is not 100% my most favorite thing, but it

a) does not resemble a boob, as much

b) is clean lined and more modern

c) is brushed nickel, not old-school brass

and

d) only $40

The hallway (excuse the blurriness)


And the office (even more blurry than the hall)

So there you go.. we are one step closer to looking like we aren't in a construction zone. With all of the trim painting that John has done today we are even closer!

Meredith  – (December 13, 2009 at 9:38 PM)  

I think that light works perfectly.

I also think it's highway murder how much stores can get away with charging for simple things like light fixtures and doors!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP