Sugar Cookies


This year, for the first time, I decided to try my hand at sugar cookies with royal icing. Sugar cookies with buttercream are a standard Christmas cookie in my family, but I wanted to try the royal icing after seeing over and over how pretty they are.

I was very intimidated to try them, but Annie made an awesome tutorial.

I set out with some sugar cookies using Ashlee's ever so popular recipe, made by John because I was once again... working.

After following Annie's directions to a T, I came up with these:

I only did 3 shapes- a tree, a snowflake and a stocking. I sketched out plans for each one before I made the frosting so that I would know what colors I needed. This worked out super well. Planning ahead was key.





Friday night my baker made these for me, Saturday afternoon I edged the cookies and then flooded them and then Sunday morning I piped the rest of the decorations on.

I think they are pretty dang good for my first attempt at royal icing!! I plan on making some for cute ones as favors for my sister in law's shower in April!

Hillary  – (December 23, 2009 at 6:45 PM)  

Oh wow, those look AMAZING! I tried royal icing for the first time this year too, but mine definitely didn't turn out this great!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP