Recap - February Goals 2010

-Count calories daily

Fail. I did not do so well at this in February. I was still conscious of what I was eating, but there were so many occasions that we ate out for lunch at work (product reps really like to spoil us!) that it made it hard to actually keep an accurate calorie count. Plus... Girl Scout cookies came in. BAAAAD.


-Work out 3 times/week
Fail. I did okay, but there were definitely weeks with only 1 or 2 workouts.

-Get trim caulked and painted in the guest room
The trim is definitely painted, but I still need to do some touch ups. Also, we didn't end up caulking the crown that is pulling off of the wall since we saw that it will be a lot of work. We are going to have to cut away the peeling paint, re-glue the crown and then caulk and paint touch up. Yayy..

-Get guest room mostly put together (depending on budget)
Done!


I still need to make the curtains and hang them, get new fabric for the headboard, get frames for and hang some awesome prints that I have for the room and there are just a few more decorative things that I want to add to the room.

-Order seeds for garden
Done! They came in the same week too!



-Draw our bathroom in CAD & 3D
Done! I still don't know if we are decided on what to do. The floors are definitely going to be slate and then we are going back and forth between a white subway tile around the shower or more slate around the shower. John is afraid the subway tile will be too much of a contrast from the slate floor, but I don't think so. The tub is white, the toilet is white and not to mention, we will have a brown shower curtain closed most of the time.


Slate:



Subway Tile:


Also in the slate images, you can see an option for the window. Currently we have a shower curtain on that wall as well, to protect the wood trim on the window from the water. I definitely do NOT want to keep a shower curtain on that side of the shower, so one option is to glass block in that window and tile up to it. I am also going to look for vinyl windows or something.. I am not sold on the glass block- they seem so 80's.


-Order exam study materials & start studying!
Eh. The stupid exam administrators only made materials available like 2 days ago (for an exam in the beginning of April!). Not only that, but it looks like they are only providing practice questions... Apparently we are supposed to just GUESS what material will be included on the exam. Practice questions do not help with knowing WHAT to study. Ugh.

I bought the review guide from the previous version of the exam, hoping that it will help a little at least...


This has been my reading material on the metro for a couple of weeks now.. and will be my life for the next month.

-Develop an initial plan for s-humphreys


Pretty much done! I am working on a blog/website to communicate with potential clients, I bought the domain and am working on business cards.

PLUS, I got my first consultation and it is for pretty much a whole house! This will be a huge boost for my residential portfolio. Of course, I am doing this one for free in exchange for photos. I've also decided on introductory pricing that will last for 3-6 months depending on how things go.



-Only get carryout pizza once
Check!

-Order and send out baby shower invitations
Done! I've gotten a few RSVPs already too. Oh and I've definitely been in party planning mode. I've gotten some decorations and planned the menu!




-Have a clean house for 2 sets of weekend guests
Done! Of course when my parents came, I was expecting them a couple of hours later than when they showed up, so the cleaning hadn't been done yet. I ran around the house real quick when I got home from work, after they had been here for a couple of hours already!

Cory  – (March 2, 2010 at 7:17 PM)  

Might be able to try a different color subway tile or perhaps even a mosaic tile. Check them out at http://www.subwaytileoutlet.com

Eco-Friendly and Frugal  – (March 15, 2010 at 2:28 PM)  

I love home remodels. I love the guest bedroom, beautiful color choices for the bed. For the bathroom I personally like the slate on the wall, but the subway tile is one of those things that is classic and will never go out of style. Good luck choosing!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP