Nerd Alert:

I love reading... to the point where when I lived at home and my parents wanted to punish me they would threaten to take all of my books away.. they couldn't send me to my room as a punishment because I had all of my books there and would be happy to have uninterrupted reading time. Last spring and this winter/spring I had to ground myself from "for-fun" books and the library so that I would be forced to study on the metro instead of reading books. If I had a book I would for sure choose to read that instead of studying.

Anywho, I finally got back to the library this weekend after finally catching up on all of my magazines and other books that had been on hold while I was studying. I started reading again on Monday and am already halfway through my second book since then. I forgot how much I love just reading for fun...

So.. since I have ended my break with the library, what are your favorite books/authors? Any must-reads?

Betty  – (May 12, 2010 at 3:41 PM)  

Got a bag of books at Grandma's last weekend - even some new Love Inspired - apparently a friend of her's gets them.

Something to look forward to getting.

Justine  – (May 12, 2010 at 3:49 PM)  

I would be grounded from books, too!! I wouldn't care if I would get sent to my room because I would just read!! Haha so lame!

And lately I've been on a huge James Patterson kick. And I also love anything by Jodi Picoult. :)

Unknown  – (May 12, 2010 at 4:24 PM)  

Some I've enjoyed lately (I guess there is a pie trend :)! ):

Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

Faith  – (May 12, 2010 at 4:28 PM)  

omg!!! when i was younger that was how my parents punished me! they took my books away!! so crazy!

Hillary  – (May 12, 2010 at 4:59 PM)  

I'm a major bookworm too! I love Philipa Gregory books- right now I'm reading "The Constant Princess" and I love it. I also really liked "Midwives" by Chris Bohjalian and "American Wife" by Curtis Sittenfeld.

Tracy  – (May 12, 2010 at 5:42 PM)  

I don't know if you like historical fiction, but I'm a huge fan of Margaret George. Her books can be long, but they are hard to put down!

ps: My parents did the same thing - punishment was taking away my books!

Lynnc  – (May 12, 2010 at 9:13 PM)  

I second the Philippa Gregory books - they are great! ("Constant Princess", "Other Boleyn Girl", "The Other Queen"). I'm about to start one your Mom gave me too, I can pass it along when I'm finished.

Some recent favs of mine:

Outlander series (really long, I've read the first 5 - but great reads!)
"Abundance" - about Marie Antoinette's life
"Water for Elephants"
"Mistress of the Sun"
anything by Elin Hilderbrand - all great beach reads set in Nantucket
"The Help"

Can ya tell I'm a librarian?!

Lynnc  – (May 13, 2010 at 10:11 AM)  

and...

"From Fields of Gold"
"Charleston" (both by Alexandra Ripley, who also wrote "Scarlett")
"The Captain's Wife" - read this on our honeymoon, it's a true story about a captain's wife who becomes the ship's captain when her husband gets sick
"The Shack" - very original view on God and faith
"The Widow's War" - set in colonial Cape Cod


Ok - now I promise I'm done! let me know which ones you read! :)

Meredith  – (May 17, 2010 at 11:15 AM)  

I am LOLing because I could have written that first paragraph word for word.

I'm really enjoying The Poisonwood Bible right now. I've also recently read a lot of books by Anita Shreve and really enjoy how she writes!

Bear Chick  – (May 21, 2010 at 10:21 PM)  

I have been surrounded by books since childhood! I've been reading a lot of mysteries lately but I just got Christopher Moore's latest, Bite Me. If you like funny, crazy books with lots of heart, you'll love Moore.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP