"That" Day


We aren't super into lovey-dovey Valentine's day.. but I do like an excuse to show John that I may or may not like him. He does the same.. whether or not it actually takes place on Valentine's Day.

This year he surprised me on Saturday and joined forces with Ben to surprise Amanda and I with a little trip to downtown Baltimore to see Disney Princesses on Ice (don't judge- I love me some Cinderella). Obviously Cinderella (the best) was saved for last.






After the show we went out for some Mexican (second night in a row!) and margaritas for Amanda and I. Followed up by some Coldstone. Not too shabby. He knows the way to my heart for sure.

I made our Valentine's day supper on Sunday since I wanted to make John a supper that would take way longer than the amount of time I have after work. Apparently I am getting better at making steak.. he was pleased. And unfortunately for him.. the filets only came in 3-packs at the grocery store..

Bacon wrapped filet.

New England lobster pie. Delish but very rich.

Bacon wrapped asparagus.

Lava cake... this was a kit from Wilton, but I have had success with Pioneer Woman's recipe before.
While I was in the kitchen yesterday, I also made up a few treats for our offices!

Strawberry cake balls and yumm-o chocolate cupcakes.

Thanks for the idea Pam!

While Valentine's day is a made up way to get us to spend money blah blah blah, I enjoy the excuse to show John that I do like him... occasionally..


So.. Happy Valentine's Day to my sugar lover.

The infamous cake batter pancakes. Yum.

Pam  – (February 14, 2011 at 9:03 PM)  

We had Valentine's Day over the weekend too! :) Your cupcakes turned out so cute! I love it with the dark chocolate! yummmm!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP