An Open Letter to Griffin Technology

Dear Griffin Technology:

Nine days ago I purchased the below armband for my iPod Touch (3rd gen) from WalMart. I was getting myself pumped up to start a running program and needed a case to carry my iPod so that I would have the training program with me.


Only six (!) days after using your product on run/walk (mostly walk, not high impact) sessions of 30-40 minutes per day the arm band has torn.


Obviously I cannot return the defective product since it is used, and not to mention I threw out the packaging after a couple of runs and the armband fitting.

After a few more days wearing your product I have decided that it is just overall poorly designed. The iPod pouch bounces around with any slight movement, eventually ending up around my elbow and then my wrist. I have to adjust the case over and over while running and walking. This, in addition to the torn armband and velcro, has created a huge amount of frustration for me. As a new runner I need all of the encouragement that I can get to keep with it and on a healthy path. The LAST thing I need is an added reason to not get out there.


I don't expect anything to come of this letter, but maybe someone will come across this letter and take the design of your products and their affect on athletes into consideration in the future. Or maybe I can warn other prospective buyers... I know for certain that I will be avoiding your products in the future because of the frustration I have experienced with your product in the last week alone.

Samantha

Meredith  – (September 20, 2011 at 12:10 AM)  

I *so* feel you--when I'm starting a "new" program, it is so easy to stop over any little thing. It is CRUCIAL that everything go well so that I have no excuse to quit!

But yeah, that is not okay for that product to break that quickly!

Crystal O –   – (September 20, 2011 at 7:54 AM)  

1. If you still have the receipt, Walmart will take it back without packaging, they have a wonderful return policy.
2. Do you have shorts with a built in pocket on the inside (usually built into the built-in panties)? That's where I keep my ipod and it doesn't move around. If you don't, maybe you could sew in a pocket? I've tried the arm bands and even when they stay in place, they drive my nutso.

Natalie | Make Today Great  – (September 24, 2011 at 11:33 PM)  

I won't be buying it. It is so hard to find a great accessory! I think Walmart might take it back if you have the credit card you put it on.

I have one from Amazon that I got for $5. It is a little big for my arm, but for $5 I can't complain.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP