Thanksgiving


This year my family came down to Maryland for Thanksgiving and I finally got to host a holiday! I love cooking and baking so I was very excited to finally have the opportunity!


Classy cat bowls in the back, right?




 

I actually did most of my cooking and baking on Wednesday night because I was going to be gone for most of the morning to run the Turkey Trot. When we got back all I had to do was start the turkey and then strategically stick the casseroles into the oven. While everything baked... I planned out my Friday..


My dad got in on the ads too.
Our Thanksgiving Menu:
Appetizers-

Spinach Artichoke Dip w/sliced baguette
Sausage and Cheddar Balls

The Main Event-
Local Brined Roast Turkey
Stuffing (Brought by my mom)
Turkey Gravy (Made it up as we went along)
Mashed Potatoes (Do you really need a link for these?)
Sweet Potatoes with Sage Butter Crumb Topping
Homemade green bean casserole (I made this one up, but semi-combined PW's and Annie's)
Corn Pudding (Family receipe- I'll try and post it soon.)
Homemade cranberry sauce
Jello-o casserole (Another family recipe that I will try to get up here)
Potato Rolls with Compound Herb Butter

Dessert-
Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Chocolate Silk Pie
Caramel Apple Cider Cookies

(Then my sister's boyfriend's mom sent him up that night with another pecan pie, some chocolate pie, sweet potatoes, ham, mac & cheese... probably more that I am forgetting too!)

My mom and I putting on the finishing touches. Lucy helped..

My first turkey! (Wicked good too!)





My dad carving the turkey.
She was such a helper all day...





Everything was delicious.. but there were not enough people! I didn't want to leave out any dishes even though we only had 5 people, so I just made everything. This was the aftermath (not even including the stuff in our little dorm fridge in the cellar):



A week later.. finally it is all gone. Except the pie slices in the freezer. I am okay with that though..

Justine  – (December 2, 2011 at 9:54 PM)  

Everything looks delicious! Your turkey is GORGEOUS! I can't wait until I can host Thanksgiving! Jon 's mom always does it, and she's ready to "pass it off", but we just don't have a place big enough yet. :(

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP