Corn Pudding



Yes.. I know that this does not appear to be the most appetizing. I almost puked the first time I made it. I had never seen or heard of it before, but John grew up with it and loves it. He requested it for our faux-Thanksgiving while we were in college and got the recipe for me from his mom. After all was done, I reluctantly tried a tiny bite (couldn't not after spending the time making it!) and was amazed that something that appears so disgusting could taste so good. I don't know if corn pudding is the official name, but that is what the Humphreys family has always called it.


Corn Pudding

Ingredients:
1 12 oz can corn, drained
2 12 oz cans creamed corn
5 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp Season-All/seasoned salt
1 tsp instant minced onion
3 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp dry mustard
dash of cayenne pepper
 1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Mix the corn and eggs together. In a small bowl combine the sugar, seasoned salt, minced onion, cornstarch, dry mustard, cayenne pepper. Add the spices mixture to the corn and eggs mixture. Add in the milk and butter and stir until mixed well.

Pour into a buttered 2 1/2-3 QT casserole dish. Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Serves 8.

Meredith  – (April 12, 2012 at 8:21 PM)  

I love creamed corn, but I'm not sure I could make the jump to the corn pudding! Maybe if I added some bacon ;)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP