Iced Coffee



I am a fan of iced coffee.. especially mochas.

Last summer all the cool bloggers started posting iced coffee recipes, and I knew I would be straight up dumb to not try making it and saving myself some cash. I used Annie's recipe and found it delicious; however I wanted my coffee a little stronger. I've made my changes in the recipe below.

I top the iced coffee off with a little homemade chocolate syrup and skim milk and BAM- delicious iced mocha with no preservatives and low in fat! Bonus? Low in dollars too!

Iced Coffee
adapted from Annie's Eats

For the coffee base:
12 oz. ground dark roast coffee
5 quarts cold water

To make the coffee base, combine the ground coffee and cold water in a very large container.  Stir well so that all of the coffee grounds are moistened.  Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.  Line a fine mesh strainer with cheesecloth (I don't have anything fancy- I use a giant colander lined with paper towels).  Pour the coffee-water mixture through the sieve into pitchers or other storage containers to remove the grounds.  Store the coffee base in the refrigerator to keep chilled.

For a basic iced mocha:
1½ tbsp. chocolate syrup (to make an iced mocha)
Ice cubes (approximately 1-1½ cups)
Chilled coffee base (above)
Milk

Put ice in a cup (I like 3 ice cubes), top the ice with 1-2 tbsp chocolate syrup. Fill the cup with coffee base, leaving about an inch at the top. Fill the rest of the way with milk and use the straw to swirl the ingredients and mix in the chocolate. Repeat with another cup. Because you won't be able to stop with one.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP