Addition Update: Living room/Dining Room

In the addition the dining room and living room will be open to each other, and really to the kitchen as well.



Living Room:


The same gray paint that is in the kitchen (and that we currently have in our kitchen/living room) will be throughout. New hardwood floors throughout the main areas of the house. We will have a double sided fireplace between the living room and dining room with a TV over it in the living room. A Nelson pendant for lighting, our DIY butcher block coffee table (oops.. a summer project I never wrote about), and a sweet new sofa- FINALLY! We currently have the two white Eames knock off chairs and will continue using them. I am currently looking for two mid-century end tables with drawers.


Dining Room:


A couple of years ago for my birthday John got me the triptych with red, black and gray flowers, intending for them to go over the fireplace on the dining room side of the addition. It will be perfect and I can't wait to actually hang them instead of just having them lean against the living room wall.

On the side of the dining room we will have some built-ins: one section will be tall with a reclaimed door of some sort with glass in it. This area will house all of my white serving pieces. Next to it will be base cabinets with the quartz counter- storage for our china and the top is a buffet for bigger gatherings.

The dining table will be another DIY effort- I want a large slab of rough wood and then a simple metal base. We have two of the arm chairs that I got for free from a job site and actually turn out to be originals of the Wegner "The Chair." They are in really good condition- I am just planning on reupholstering the seat. These chairs will go at the ends of the table and I am hoping to find 8 vintage mid century/danish chairs for the sides. I'm scoping out some of our local mid century furniture shops- they often get bulk lots of chairs.

Oh last- the lighting. I want a funky semi-flush fixture. This one is the Possini Euro Lilypad from LampsPlus.com.

Meredith  – (October 9, 2012 at 11:05 AM)  

I love looking at your inspiration/mood boards...they're always so different than I would think to do, but I LOVE them! It's fun to see another perspective!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP