Greek Mason Jar Salad


So I’ve seen a lot of pins for mason jar salads and finally decided to try it. The principle is that all of the ingredients are layered in the jar to keep everything as fresh as possible.







When I would make lunch salads before, they were pretty boring (lettuce, cheese and dressing) and I would assemble them each morning. Mason jar salads let me make them all on Sunday and just grab a jar each morning.



Last week I started out basic- (layered from the bottom up) ranch, cucumbers, avocado (in lemon juice to stay fresh), onion, a cut up tomato/basil/mozzarella cheese stick, lettuce and sprouts.



This week I got a little more advanced and made up a Greek mason jar salad.





Layered from the bottom up:

Homemade tzaziki

Chickpeas

Cherry tomatoes

Onions

Olives

Lettuce

Feta



Store in fridge in jars, grab in morning, dump onto plate at lunch.



I’ve pinned some other ideas for Mason jar salads and can’t wait to try them out (might try a cob next week). Tried them? Have a good one I haven’t thought of or seen??

Faith  – (March 19, 2013 at 6:57 AM)  

I think this is such a great idea. Seriously, what would we do without Pinterest?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP