21 Weeks





How far along: 21 weeks

How big is baby:


According to the Bump, Baby is the size of a pomegranate- 10.5" and 12.7 oz (though it measured 13 oz at my appointment LAST week... giant Humphreys babies FTW).
At 21 weeks:
  • As her digestive system preps for the outside world, she's manufacturing meconium -- the tarry black substance you'll find in her first dirty diaper
  • If it's a girl, she's already got a lifetime's supply of eggs in her womb -- about six million of them!

Weight gain/loss:
Don't know.

Stretch marks/belly button:
Same as normal.

Sleep: Still sleeping well! 1-2 pees/night (but this has always been the case for me and my small bladder)

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: No cravings, my only aversion is still hummus. I feel like I might be over that, but I don't want to spend the money on a container (again) to open it and find out I still don't want it (again).

Movement: Yes. Pretty frequently. I have noticed when I have a cup of (half caf) coffee or something sweet, the baby starts moving within 10-15 minutes. At night time when I lay on the sofa and watch TV I definitely notice a lot of movement too.

What I'm loving: We got another box of (wicked cute!) hand me down infant clothes this weekend.. ah so stinkin tiny and cute. Also how productive I was this weekend! I prepped supper for 3 nights so that they can just be baked after work, I diced & froze 15 peppers, made pumpkin doughnuts, made a big pot of soup for lunches, made laundry detergent, breakfast sausages and 2 bottle of chocolate syrup. BOOM.

Symptoms: Nothing. Mayyybe more hungry than normal, but not too bad.

What I'm looking forward to:
Meeting the baby, finding out if it is a boy or girl. And my shower! Amanda and I started talking about it this weekend and I got excited about it!

Best moment of the week: 
We went to Babies R Us on Saturday afternoon to take a look around and ended up doing a registry. It was super overwhelming and stressful, but I was glad I had already researched, so we could just knock the registry out of the way. No way in heck do I want to be going back there again..

How I'm feeling: Good.. normal.. I hate this question (and people ask it in person all.the.time.) because I literally don't feel any different than normal... except that there is a human moving inside of me.

Confessions of a Northern Belle  – (October 22, 2013 at 8:04 AM)  

You look great! Isn't it weird how the baby moves so much more when we are relaxed and laying down?

Faith  – (October 22, 2013 at 10:18 AM)  

You look so good!

I can't believe that a baby girl at this stage already has so many eggs! Crazy!

Happy 21 weeks!

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha  – (October 23, 2013 at 8:53 AM)  

You look great! Love that belly!
Are you going to find out the sex of the baby or wait until he/she is born to find out?

Samantha  – (October 23, 2013 at 3:06 PM)  

Thanks! We aren't going to find out until birthday!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP