Weeks 5-20

So.. I got pregnant. I haven't written about it yet. Forget second kid syndrome- apparently my first kid is screwed because I can't even get my act together for them.

Everything happened really quickly and I have felt so good and normal the whole time, I honestly feel kind of guilty because I know this isn't the case for so many people and I was prepared to have everything be the opposite.

I have been taking weekly(ish) pictures and finally got around to doing something with them, so here we go. (Excuse the faces... John says something ridiculous every week..)

I apologize if you are seeing this on mobile.. if you were to look in a browser the photos would be next to each other in rows to reduce the amount of scrolling.

Weeks 5-7:


Weeks 8-10:

Weeks 11-14:


 Weeks 15-19:

 And... Week 20:
 


How far along: Today I am 20 weeks 5 days and figured I should get this post up before I hit 21 weeks and we weren't on a nice even number anymore.

How big is baby:
According to the Bump, the size of a banana. At the doctor on Tuesday they estimated 13 oz.

Weight gain/loss:
I have no idea. I stopped weighing myself a week or so ago when I was already up 18ish pounds. I've found that the gains have come in spurts though, so hopefully that was just another spurt and I will stay here for a few more weeks.

Stretch marks/belly button:
No stretch marks yet and belly button is normal (innie).

Sleep: Normal & good- peeing 1-2x a night as per normal. 1st trimester I would have an hour or so every night around 3 am that I would just lay there awake, so I am glad to sleep full nights again.

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: No real cravings anymore. My only true craving has been Popeye's mashed potatoes around week 6/7. I didn't give in until 18 weeks when John was traveling. Other than that I want a lot of carbs (bagels, potatoes, mac & cheese), but that could also be because I am a huge carb fan and have been limiting them for YEARS.
My only aversion is hummus, which makes me sad since I love the roasted red pepper hummus. I ate it in the very beginning of first tri and then one day I just couldn't fathom eating it and that has stuck around.

Movement: Yes! Started feeling small blips around 16 weeks and it's just gotten stronger. At 18 weeks I actually felt a small thump under my hand and then last night we SAW my stomach move. Right now it just feels like the baby is swimming around or tumbling or something and there are small thumps once in awhile. We definitely saw the thump a few times though. Crazy.

What I'm loving: Umm? I don't know. That I've felt so normal this whole time? Feeling movement makes it feel a little more real.

Symptoms: Not too much. I was only nauseous from weeks 6-8 but never sick. I had the normal first trimester sleepies (get home from work at 6:40 pm and go to bed by 7:30), but I am out of those. I did get dyshydrosis on my hands and feet (yes all of my fingers, toes, palms and feet look like that picture- cute, right?) and have been fighting that for a few weeks now. It isn't necessarily a pregnancy side effect but I am way more susceptible to it now (never had it before) and the doc says he sees it occasionally with pregnants. So... if weird/gross skin things are the worst I get then I am pretty darn pleased.

What I'm looking forward to:
A date to Babies R Us tomorrow to scope stuff out and our contractor coming over on Sunday!! (EEEEeee! The addition is finally starting!)

Best moment of the week:
Seeing the baby move. And we had the anatomy scan on Tuesday (not finding out) and it was awesome to see the baby again and looking more like a baby than alien.

How I'm feeling: Itchy but normal, though larger than normal. So much for the 20+ pounds I lost this spring, eh?

Lynnc  – (October 18, 2013 at 9:38 PM)  

Love you, baby humps! You have a great mommy and daddy!

Betty  – (October 19, 2013 at 8:27 PM)  

yay - all nice except for the mugshot faces you are making - thanks for the pics

Samantha  – (October 19, 2013 at 8:58 PM)  

Week 12 is especially nice,right?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP