Operation Baking Gals

On Thursday night I baked and Friday I was finally able to send out my Baking Gals box! It is currently en route to Afghanistan, complete with the following:

Chocolate Cake cookie sandwiches


Brownie Bites
And sugar cookies with buttercream. I just realized that I don't have a picture of them! I put some blue sprinkles on them.. as they are the only non-holiday sprinkles that I have, other than the rainbows that I already used on the cookie sandwiches.

In addition to the baked goods, I included:

The makings for s'mores

And a can of Spaghetti-O's and a microwaveable meal of some sort (beef, not pork!).


A close up of my cookie packaging. The Baking Gals website has an FAQ that explains how to best package the cookies. I layered the cookies and put some apple peel in the paper towels. Hopefully they make it!!

You can kind of see the sugar cookies on the top left corner.

I also included in the box a little note with info about me/my job, etc. Not too exciting, but I figured that the cookies would be the exciting part of the package anyway :)

I loved doing this- I will take any excuse to bake, but I love knowing that this will make someone(s) happy and feel a bit more connected to home.

Jenna  – (February 22, 2009 at 8:29 PM)  

I'm so excited to become one of the baking gals! I've done other programs, but you end up having to send them packaged junk food and I didn't know there were programs in place that help you figure out how to send homemade goods over. This gives me a great excuse to start baking more often, and do so some service in the meantime.

Samantha  – (February 22, 2009 at 8:34 PM)  

It is really neat- especially since the person that the baked goods go to has some connection to the team. I think the guy I sent snacks to was the brother of a girl on the Heather Drive team.

I'm excited for the next round to start!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP