My Favorite Things

I've been tagged by Heather at Heather Drive.

The "rules" for this tag are:
1. Mention and link back to the person who tagged you.
2. List 6 little things that make you happy.
3. Tag 6 other bloggers and let them know they're "it".

So, without further ado, my favorite things:

1- Kitties! I would seriously have as many as my house would hold.. if only John weren't such a spoil-sport and holding me back. If it weren't for him, I would be THAT crazy cat lady.



2- Organization. I could spend hundreds of dollars on shelving, containers, dividers. Ahhh I just love it when everything has its own place. Its so refreshing.



3- Similarly, I love mopping and vaccuuming really dirty floors. It makes me feel so happy to see the clean come shining through!


4- Sweets. I can eat chocolate, cake, cupcakes, frosting, etc all.day.long. Seriously- I cannot turn down sweets. It really makes it hard to lose weight...



5- College football. I was a hockey person growing up. Its hard not to be when you live in upstate NY. I played ice hockey throughout high school and my first year of college. Then I had my Life Changing Moment. I transferred schools. To the South. The home of college football. I was sold instantly. I love the atmosphere and just the sport itself. I look forward all winter/spring to the fall for the kickoff of football season. Once August comes, we watch football Saturdays (college), Sundays (NFL), Mondays (college), Tuesdays (really crappy college), Thursdays (college) and Fridays (college). Amen.





6- Gardening. I love planting seeds and watching them sprout and grow into plants with flowers or veggies. My love for vegetables came because my dad always had a huge garden and every summer we lived off of fresh vegetables. I am going to include fresh vegetables and landscape design in the "gardening" category.



and.. a bonus:

7- Design. I have such a potential to adore my job because of my degree. I enjoy the challenge of space planning & trying to fit all of these functions into a space, while making it the most efficient layout possible.. and still aesthetically pleasing. The icing on the cake is being able to select finishes and pull everything together. Don't ever call me a decorator though- wicked burn. I went to school for 4.5 years to become an interior designer- I do not "decorate," ie pick draperies and tchochkies. It gets me so riled up when people decide that they are good at picking colors and furniture & determine that they are now interior designers. Sorry honey, but that requires 4 years of college and passing a lisencing exam.

This was a quick little project senior year. It was a competition to design affordable/sustainable housing out of cast-off shipping cartons- like what you see on the back of a tractor trailer. Its not my favorite project, but it was fun & the other have too many images to share all of them! Someday I will try to do some posts with my projects. I think you can click the image to make them bigger.


Ok- I am going to tag:
1- YD @ A Little Bit of Everything
2- Meredith @ La Buena Vida
3- Leslie @ Leslie G
4- Amber @ WabiSabi
5- Jenna @ That Wife
6- Pam @ The Adventures of Mrs.Reagan

Pam  – (July 24, 2009 at 11:57 PM)  

Thanks for taging me!! :) We love college football too! I can't wait for the season to start!! Have an awesome weekend!!

Meredith  – (July 25, 2009 at 11:56 PM)  

This is great! I love your design bonus--I wish that I had more design skills.

I will try to do this on my blog in the next week or so!

Samantha  – (July 26, 2009 at 1:19 PM)  

Thanks! I love seeing everyone's favorite things :)

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha  – (July 27, 2009 at 10:27 AM)  

Thanks for tagging me! I will do that sometime this week.
I love sweets too! I could be really stuffed from dinner but yet still manage to "find room" for dessert! :)

Samantha  – (July 27, 2009 at 7:14 PM)  

Well duh Yeongshe.. the dessert side is still empty!

rab  – (July 28, 2009 at 1:02 PM)  

LOVE LOVE LOVE that pix of jack & you!! and...i AM that crazy cat lady...we have 4 cats (caesar (27 pounder!), simon, shirley and clark! we also have a dog named lily jane & cassie (our youngest) has a hamster named daisy (the cutest little rodent you have ever seen!) hope you're well samantha!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP