Sewing Table

A few years ago, my mom got me a sewing machine as a gift. Someone from her work was selling it & I needed one. It is a 1950's-ish Singer machine. It is in awesome shape.


The sewing machine came with a table. I LOVE THIS TABLE. It has the 50's/midcentury design. It is the exact style I hope to one day fill our house with. The lines are so clean- it is not traditional or frilly. The legs are amazing- so smooth and the taper's proportions are awesome. Even the hardware carries the clean lines.

The table opens up to store the machine on its side.

Jaq checkin' it out.


Then the sewing machine pops up and sits on the table for some sewing action.


Right now we just have the sewing table in our bedroom & I keep the sewing machine put away and we are able to use the table to display some storage boxes that match our bedding. When we move to the new house, I am thinking that the sewing table will live in the guest bedroom since there won't be a ton of room to spare in the master.

I am going to be garage sailing & thrifting for the next few years hoping to find some more awesome mid-century and Danish furniture for the rest of the house, of course only on the cheap!

In the DC area, I know of a couple MCM furniture stores. I've never been, but I love browsing them online.
Modernicus
Hvidt Boomerang Chairs

FDB Dining Table

Dyrlund Display Case

Home Anthology

DUX Lounge Chair

Heywood Wakefield Buffet with Hutch

British G-Plan Teak Sideboard

Meredith  – (July 28, 2009 at 10:15 AM)  

I have almost the same sewing machine, and I also can't wait to have a whole sewing room someday!

TwoWishes Tara  – (July 29, 2009 at 4:03 PM)  

Love it all! Especially the Heywood Wakefield, there's just something so perfect about their line.... Over time I've gotten several lovely midcentury pieces from DC Craigslist. They need refinishing badly (our own contributions to the water rings, etc., haven't helped) but were inexpensive and have beautiful lines.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP