Comcast = BAD

Your menu plan for this week is coming on later today (Tuesday) due to the fact that John and I no longer have internet at home (or cable). All because Comcast is a bunch of poopheads.

When John was away for work (in July!) I came home one day to cable/internet that didn't work. I called Comcast and the earliest that they could get someone to come out to the apartment was a week (!) away. Awesome. I went to the Verizon store and bought a broadband internet thinger so that I wouldn't go nuts bored until John came home. The day of the appointment comes and surprise surprise, no technician shows up in their time period. I should mention that the last time I had a Comcast appointment, the technician just didn't show up either- no call to us, no letting their supervisor know.. nothing. Same thing this time.

The next day (my birthday- awesome present), I spent an hour or so on the phone with different supervisors who didn't know what happened since our request was still open, etc. Finally I told them that someone needed to just come out ASAP or just cancel our service, since we weren't getting anything anyway (and we were moving in a month). A supervisor tech would be sent the next day.

He showed up! Success! He was however; unsuccessful in diagnosing an issue. Apparently he needed to get into some box that was locked and whoever he called wouldn't give him the combination for it. Sweet. So he set us up an appointment for ANOTHER tech to come out... for a time we are at work.. after asking if we would be available during that time period. We said screw that and canceled Comcast service altogether. They SAID we would get a credit for the time we were without service, but I am not holding my breath.

So we still had internet thanks to Verizon, but their broadband internet has RIDICULOUS limits on it. WAY less than the dude in the store told me. He made it seem that as long as I wasn't streaming video 24/7, we wouldn't hit that limit. Right.. we hit the limit like a week or 2 before the end of the time period. Plus it was twice the cost of cable internet (which doesn't have limits).

So now we have no cable or internet. The end.

Anonymous –   – (August 11, 2009 at 1:41 PM)  

This is unacceptable. I apologize for the experience.

I would like to make this right for you. If you are willing to give us another chance, I will make sure that this is taken care of.

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP