Take Me Shopping..

Ok y'all- I have a mission for you.. I have this awesome skirt that I love. I got it last winter at the Gap , but have only worn it like twice! Why? Because I have no idea what shirt to wear with it!!


Close up of the fabric/color.

I usually wear the skirt with my brown boots. I never know what top to wear though, because I feel like a big brown blob if I wear a brown one, but I don't know what other color to wear! In addition to color issues, I don't know what STYLE top to wear with this skirt? It is already a wool of some sort, so I am afraid a sweater would be too much of that knit fabric.

I will officially award 10 cool points to whoever finds me something to wear with the skirt (and possibly even something tangible if you have a REALLY good suggestion!)!

It is the perfect fall/winter skirt and I don't want to miss out this year!

Meredith  – (October 10, 2009 at 8:10 PM)  

There is so much you could wear with this skirt! I would definitely recommend jewel tone colors--dark green, cranberry, or even a purple would look fantastic. Almost any type of shirt would work, whether a classic button down, or a little cami with a fine gauge cardigan, or even a fancier jersey shirt like this:

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=7526&vid=1&pid=697951&scid=697951012

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky  – (October 12, 2009 at 3:04 PM)  

http://jenieshell.blogspot.com/2008/11/how-to-make-blog-button.html

this shirt with a jacket over it. i am addicted to twin sets b/c they are so classic looking and whenever i am in a hurry and don't know "what to wear" i put on a twinset.

Samantha  – (October 12, 2009 at 3:08 PM)  

Oh boo Blair, I think that's the wrong link!

Where can I buy a twinset? I've been looking for awhile and I can't find anything!!

leah @maritalbless  – (October 12, 2009 at 4:53 PM)  

I think that skirt would be perfect with a nice woven ruffle top!

Anonymous –   – (October 14, 2009 at 11:13 PM)  

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=13651&vid=1&pid=691456&scid=691456042
A cream turtleneck or cardigan would look adorable. Or maybe even this: http://www.express.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=21159&parentCategoryId=2&categoryId=20&subCategoryId=20

Anonymous –   – (October 14, 2009 at 11:15 PM)  

Maybe a cable knit sweater, to give complement the knit on the skirt without competing with it.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP