Peanut Butter Pumpkins

I made these last week for John's work Halloween party. I had seen the recipe a week or so ago at Pennies on a Platter and thought that they looked DELICIOUS! I am a sucker for anything peanut butter. I doubled the recipe so that I would have a few to bring to my office as well.

If you go to Pennies on a Platter, there is even a printable recipe available!

Peanut Butter Pumpkins

Makes: About 40 small pumpkins

1 bag (10 oz) peanut butter chips
1 can (16 oz) vanilla spreadable frosting
1/4 teaspoon orange paste or gel icing color (not liquid)
pretzel twists or thin pretzel sticks, broken into short stems

Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. In 2-quart saucepan, melt peanut butter chips over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in frosting and icing color until well blended. Refrigerate until cool enough to handle, about 1 hour.

Shape mixture into 1 1/4-inch balls; flatten slightly. Use edge of rubber spatula to make grooves in each ball to resemble pumpkin. Press 1 pretzel piece into top of each for stem; place on cookie sheet. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Store in covered container in refrigerator.

Source: Pillsbury Halloween, October 2005




Dudes.. SO GOOD. I could eat these suckers all day. The only thing I changed from the original recipe was to use chocolate covered pretzels as the stems. I would recommend breaking pretzel sticks in half and sticking them into the top of the pumpkins and then refrigerate. While the pumpkins are in the fridge, melt some chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between. Once the chocolate is melted, take the pumpkins out of the fridge. Turn them over with the pumpkin in your hand and dip the stem into the chocolate. YUM.

Meredith  – (November 4, 2009 at 1:22 AM)  

Ohhhh, those look so good! I wonder if I could make them now and pass them off as "fall" instead of "Halloween"?!

WifeOfARedhead  – (November 4, 2009 at 8:11 AM)  

These look awesome! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe - oh and I plan to make the stems chocolate as well. You can't have peanut butter without chocolate! ;-)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP