Welcome to Canada

..apparently I moved to Canada and was never notified. I just received this from the DC Alert System:

UPDATE: National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning for D.C., effective noon tomorrow to 7PM Wednesday. All parts of the forecast that were just sent remain the same, except the projected snow totals HAVE BEEN INCREASED TO 10-20".

Seriously!? The DC area is on the southern edge of the storm... putting our house right in the middle of it. Awesome. We haven't even finished shoveling out the driveway from this weekend.

Oh yeah... and the storm warning? Covering the ENTIRE workday of Wednesday! I already couldn't get in today since the Metro wasn't going. I get to either try and figure out/bet whether or not I will be able to get home from work in whatever snow comes, or I can work from home (possibly) or take another vacation day. Oh yeah, I had to take a vacation day today & couldn't work remotely because out IT dude messed with the servers this weekend and there is no way for me to get downtown. Awesome..

Meredith  – (February 8, 2010 at 5:06 PM)  

Yikes! That much snow is crazy!!!

Children of the 90s  – (February 9, 2010 at 11:29 AM)  

I've almost forgotten what it's been like to have that much snow--now that I live in Dallas, people panic when they hear we might get a dusting!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP