Confession..

I just need to get this off my chest... I hate St.Patrick's day. Like h.a.t.e. it.

I semi-understand celebrating it if you are Irish.. or Catholic. I am neither. Neither are the majority of people who celebrate it. Why do people use it as an excuse to get as wasted as they want?

I am American.. from German descent. You do not see me out celebrating some random German holiday.. especially not by getting trashed. I am just so sick of the hype over St.Patrick's day. Why do I need a green bagel for a day celebrating something that is not my heritage or religion? (Sorry Bruegger's you know I love you, but this is a fail.)

Yes, it is St.Patrick's day. No, I am not wearing green, going drinking, buying a green bagel, green cookies, or green cupcake. If you get your pinching fingers anywhere near me I will fight you.

Confessions of a Northern Belle  – (March 17, 2010 at 2:49 PM)  

I love that you were so honest in this post!!! Confession: I hate that people who aren't Irish pretend they are today... it'd be like if I pretended I was jewish just so I could celebrate chanukah. Just admit that you are using St. Patty's day as an excuse to get trashed already! Not that you are 1/1000th Irish, haha.

Kayla  – (March 17, 2010 at 4:38 PM)  

Haha, nice post! To tell you the truth, I'm sort of right there with you. Though, I'm a bit Irish. My family was just never huge on celebrating this holiday. It's mostly a drunken holiday anyway. So, no, I didn't wear green today and I'm not drinking green beer later. :-)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP