Quiche Florentine

I first made this quiche months ago when I had some leftover spinach that I had to creatively use up so that John would eat it. I figured anything covered in cheese would do. It turned out SO good.. and pretty to boot!

Last weekend, I used the same recipe to create the mini quiches for Liz's baby shower. I just cut the pie crust with a little biscuit cutter and baked the quiches in mini muffin tins. Cute and portable!


Once again, I got the recipe from Tasty Kitchen.

The Best Quiche Ever!

Sprucehill

  • 6 whole Eggs
  • 1 cup Heavy Cream (I substitute skim milk and it is fine)
  • ½ teaspoons Salt
  • ⅛ teaspoons Nutmeg
  • 1 dash Cayenne Pepper
  • 2 cups Grated Swiss Cheese (I've used cheddar)
  • ¼ cups Chopped Onions
  • 1 whole Pastry Pie Crust
**Feel free to add in veggies and meat! I've done both bacon and sausage as well as the spinach.

-Mix all the liquid ingredients and seasonings together in a bowl. Do not over mix it; I just whisk it together.

-Use your favorite pastry pie crust recipe. I do not have one that I love, so I usually use a pre-made crust (gasp). It is easy and quick and it saves me a lot of time. Pioneer Woman has a good crust recipe on her site.

-Place your grated cheese, onions and whatever filling you choose to put in your quiche in your pastry crust. Sprinkle it around and make sure it is all evenly distributed. Pour the egg mixture over the filling ingredients. You can add a bit more cheese on the top if you like.

-Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes or until it starts to get nice and brown on top. After it comes out of the oven, let it sit for about 10 minutes. It will make it easier to cut and serve.

Confessions of a Northern Belle  – (March 19, 2010 at 10:09 AM)  

Adorable and appetizing... is it lunchtime yet?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP