Catching Up..

Well.. it has been awhile. Last week was the final crunch for my exam. I took Thursday off of work so that I could re-center myself and do last minute cramming (supposedly not good, but it always works for me).

The exam was Friday and Saturday, eight hours each day. Friday was what I knew would be the killer part. The morning consisted of 150 multiple choice questions on technical info- codes, building systems (HVAC, plumbing...), construction methods, sustainability, life safety, materials, etc. Friday afternoon was another 150 multiple choice questions, but these were almost trick questions! They were based on professional practise/ethics, project coordination, and design application. Most of these questions I was able to immediately eliminate two of the choices; however both of the remaining two answers would both be correct and I just had to decide which was MORE correct.. or what NCIDQ thought was more correct. Awesome.

Saturday was eight hours of drafting, consisting of seven exercises- space planning (a condo for wheelchair accessibility), lighting design, egress, life safety, restroom (washroom) design, systems integration/coordination and millwork. These are (mostly) things that I do daily at work and it went pretty dang well.

Needless to say, I feel like I completely owned the Saturday drafting portion but Friday could really go either way for me. I need to pass all three parts (Friday morning, Friday afternoon, and all day Saturday) in order to apply for my state license and get my certificate, but if I fail just one section, I can re-take JUST that section. I am praying to pass all three though.

..Now the waiting begins- we won't find out our scores for about 3 months!!

Saturday night we definitely went out with my bloodshot eyes to get some Mexican food and Amanda and I shared a pitcher of margarita... delicious! Sunday was then spent catching up on my relaxation. John and I went to Home Depot to get some supplies for a couple of projects and then we stopped by the Howard County home fair (not worth the time, BTW unless you have a project in mind). It was a nice lazy Sunday :)

Meredith  – (April 13, 2010 at 3:08 PM)  

Woooo! I bet it is a huge relief to be done!

Justine  – (April 13, 2010 at 4:29 PM)  

Oh man!! You don't find out for THREE MONTHS?!?! I think I would DIE!! Haha

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP