Easter

So.. this isn't late at all..... It got kind of left behind with all of the studying I was doing. In fact we had a bit of a different Easter because I was studying all day.

I made a "re-interpretation" of Easter for us- one that wouldn't take all day to cook!

Check out my tablecloth that my grandma cross-stitched to match our china (hers!) for our wedding present! Oh and the crystal candlesticks are from my other grandma!


Our Easter Menu

A ham steak grilled out
Grilled bacon wrapped asparagus
Baked mashed potato croquettes
Deviled eggs with bacon!

Strawberries on Bisquick biscuits with Cool Whip



I baked the croquettes instead of frying them to save on the calories.

I was out for eight hours studying at Panera on Saturday before Easter, so John and I did not get a chance to decorate Easter eggs this year. What is Easter without decorated eggs, right!? Well, when I came home, John had a surprise for me- he decorated 4 or 5 eggs! Of course I had bought brown, free-range eggs so the dye was a bit interesting, but there was still a bit of color!

As per tradition, these eggs turned into Easter's deviled eggs. I jazzed them up a bit by adding some bacon bits to the "devil" (yellow part).

Mrs. Wedding Crasher  – (April 14, 2010 at 9:43 AM)  

Yummy! Love your chandelier btw!

PS I am enjoying following your blog and would love if you could follow mine too. I am a brand new blogger.
http://weddingcrashersguide.blogspot.com/

Hillary  – (April 14, 2010 at 1:07 PM)  

Ooh, I should definitely try baking the croquettes next time. It looks like they stayed together so much nicer that way and would be much healthier. Yum.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP