Randoms

-I AM DOING C25K!! I am on week 3 and still going at it. I am so proud that I have stuck with it and completed each session so far. I've even stopped having to use my inhaler!

-As I mentioned in the previous meal plan post, I was in Atlanta/Pine Mountain, GA for last weekend. It was an awesome trip. 3 of us from my office and one of our carpet rep's flew down, courtesy of the carpet company.

Have you heard of Interface/Flor? They sell carpet tiles for residential use, as well as commercial. We use the commercial tiles a LOT in my work, so they try to schmooze us to get us to spec their products.

We left DC on Saturday at noon and made the flight down. Once we got there, we stopped at a Target on the way to the company's guest house. Both the rep and I had forgotten to pack our bathing suits! :-/ Once we had suits in hand, we headed on to the house. Let me tell you- this house was AWESOME. It is very midcentury with tons of classic/iconic furniture in it. We each had our own bedroom and bathroom too. Sweet. There was a full height, fully stocked beer fridge. There were many varieties. I am not really a beer person, but it was impressive. In addition to the beer fridge, there was a cabinet fully stocked with liquor. The kitchen counter featured a basket FILLED with snacks- chips, candy, etc. And it was the good stuff (Snickers, M&Ms, Fritos, etc.).

One of the bedrooms.
After exploring the house, we sat down to a dinner cooked by the private chef! It was awesome- he was so good. We spent the night drinking margaritas (me)/beer (them) and watched Dodgeball.

The dining room.
Living room #1.
Game room.
Entryway.
Dining area in living room #2.
Outdoor patio.
Living room #2- a serious game of Cranium was played here.
See? Very serious.
Exterior.
Entryway- other direction.

Sunday was the best day I've had in a long time- super relaxing. We woke up for breakfast (grits!, banana pancakes! biscuits! bacon!) at 8 or 8:30 and then looked at each other and went back to bed for a nap/reading. Ahhh. I woke back up around 11 and showered/got dressed. Then we headed to.... MASSAGES. Paid for by the company of course! :) It felt SO GOOD. I loved it. After my massage I spent a little time in the steam room before showering again. After leaving the spa, we stopped for lunch at a cute little country store. I had a fabulous fried green tomato sandwich. (I really think I was meant to be born in the south.)

Back at the house, we spent the rest of the day at the sweet pool.

Poooool.
Check out the sweet view from the pool!

The sun was perfect. We dragged ourselves away from the pool for our chefly dinner again and then spent the night playing Cranium. (I'd never played- not too bad!)


Monday was the educational part of the trip. We went and toured the mill/plants.


It was pretty cool to see how everything works and how much Interface does for sustainability/recycling. It was a really awesome experience and I am so glad we were able to go (finally! we were snowed out in February during Snowpacolypse!). Oh and I was also glad that we were able to get home... we changed to the earlier flight when we got to the airport early and then the flight we were originally supposed to be on got canceled!

Pam  – (August 26, 2010 at 4:58 PM)  

What a small world!! I worked at the interface plant in LaGrange for a few years in college... I was in charge of thesamplecenter.com's website and making sure that no-one from "Shaw" our biggest comp. got our samples! haha What a blast from the past! Glad you had a great time!

Leslie G  – (August 26, 2010 at 10:04 PM)  

WOW, that is one heck of a company trip! =) Sounds like fun- and educational at the same time.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP