In the Midst of a Bathroom Reno: Part I

 My parents came down on Saturday to drop off my dad, his work van and their camper for the week. Why? So my daddy can redo the bathroom!! No more blue bathtub, sink, tiles, toilet! The trailer is necessary so that we can shower for the week! I don't think I would have done so well if we had to take hose showers for a full week :(


When we bought-

Beginning- a couple of weeks ago.

Tearing out the trim around the old window to get a good measurement.



Before-



Day 1- Saturday

Demo

Day 2- Sunday
Initial electrical and plumbing set up.

Install new window. (No wood in the shower, and it is frosted so we don't have to have blinds in the shower.)

Add ducting to the attic to the new vent/fan in the bathroom.

Day 3- Monday
New re-built walls, ceiling.
Add recessed light to the shower.
Set (DEEP!) tub in place.

New subfloor.
Re-insulate exterior wall, attic.
Install shower niches (to be tiled over for shampoo, etc.)

Day 4- Tuesday

Install new backerboard in shower.

Install new moisture resistant gyp board in the rest of the bathroom and the ceiling.

Day 5- Wednesday
Tile the shower walls.



The hope is to tile the bathroom floor and base on Thursday and then Friday seal the tile and grout it. I believe Saturday is the day that the new toilet will be set in place, in addition to installing the showerhead/faucets, etc.

We had to special order the vanity and mirror, so that will not be here until mid-September, along with it's counter. Once we have all of that, John and I can install the frosted glass mosaic tile that will surround the mirror.

I haven't decided on paint yet (wanted to see the tile in place with the sealer on it) and once I decide on that, we can paint and then install the towel bars. Then, I think we should be done. Until the next project. The fence!

Meredith  – (August 26, 2010 at 12:04 PM)  

It looks like you're off to a really awesome start!

I have to say though, I kind of liked the blue tile, though I'm sure it was in terrible condition!

Faith  – (August 26, 2010 at 8:15 PM)  

can't wait to see the end results!

Faith  – (August 26, 2010 at 9:35 PM)  

Wow. That blue. It's looking a lot better. Can't wait to see the end result!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP