Amanda's Baby Shower


So my friend Amanda is knocked up. Baby M is coming at the end of February! I am so pumped and can't wait to be an aunt to two of my best friends' baby.


Of course I jumped at the chance to throw her a shower and hoped it would be one that she would love. I wanted the day to be special for her! I joined up with our other friend Amy (and the day-of help of Amy's awesome mom!) to put it all together.


Menu:
Brownies
Dunkin Donuts Munchkins
Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods
Spinach Dip in a bread bowl with baguette slices
Individual shots of ranch dressing with veggies
Caprese Kabobs
Mini Fruit Pizzas

Chocolate cupcakes with fudge buttercream
Yellow Cake with vanilla buttercream

Fruity French Sodas (Orange, Berry Something, Lemonade and Pink Lemonade)
Water with limes and lemons

Hot Chocolate Bar!


The food spread.
Delicious spinach dip- Amanda's one request for the shower.
Yumm fruit pizzas. SO GOOD.

My baby.. the cake.
Cupcakes with little fondant flower toppers to coordinate with the cake.


I was nervous about the hot chocolate bar. I first decided on doing it back in the fall/summer when I was originally planning- I thought "January! It will be cold and awesome for hot chocolate!" How wrong I was.. Our January in Maryland was SO MILD. I was figuring no one would want hot chocolate since it would be so warm and muggy. 

I woke up the shower morning to snow and ice! (Of course then I was worried about no one showing up, but everyone pulled through!) The hot chocolate was perfect.

For mix-ins we had caramels, pirouline cookies, marshmallows and chocolate chips. YUM. Oh and canned whipped cream to top with.

For the favors I made cupcakes in a jar- these were so fast and easy to do.. About 2 weeks before the shower I made the actual cupcakes and then just froze them. A couple of nights before the shower I unfroze them and then next day sliced them all in half. I layered them in the jar with the frosting and topped with sprinkles and then labelled them with a little thank you card designed to match the rest of the paper-goods.




During the shower we gave both grandmas-to-be a little baby brag book and they both got corsages.




The room- typical church basement layout.
I decorated all of the tables with flowers in the colors from the bunting banner over the food and with kids books that I accumulated. I scoured goodwill and the $1 bins at Target for a month or so to get a bunch of books to start the baby's library. Oh and I used the scraps from the bunting to make little flags to stick in the flowers.



Me, Amanda and Amy.
Instead of the poopy diaper game we have a table set up for everyone to decorate onesies and/or bibs for the baby. We had iron on fabrics and fabric markers. It was so fun to see everyone's craftiness.






We also played the old shower BINGO standby while Amanda opened presents. I couldn't find any cards that I liked (or had enough quantity/the types of presents on the registry) so I just designed my own. It was a pain in the neck to make 30 individual cards, but they were cute.



Cutting the cake.

Sign on the present table "Little baby, big blessing... showered with love"
All the loot!
It was an awesome day and I was so glad so many people came out in the snow to celebrate this baby with us!

**Yeah.. my pictures are bad.. The lighting was terrible and camera kept crapping out. Sorry dudes. I supplemented some with pictures from Amanda's cousin.

Faith  – (February 2, 2012 at 8:56 AM)  

What a great shower! You did an amazing job! Love all the details and all the food looked delish! Especially the cake and cupcakes!

Justine  – (February 2, 2012 at 10:37 AM)  

So fun! I love baby showers! Is she having a boy or a girl? Or is it going to be a surprise?! :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP