Productivity!

What a freakin' awesome weekend. I was so productive and it made me feel awesome.

John was away for work last week (in LONDON- POOR poor him) and came home Sunday so I felt like I needed to do a bunch of stuff before he got home.

Not Saturday- this was the Celtic Solstice 5-miler in December that I never wrote about on here.. :)

Saturday morning I got up and ran 8 (EIGHT!!!) miles! My furthest distance to date! I ran the whole thing too! Even the ridiculous hills! After I got home (to a sleeping puppy and kitty) I showered up and took Lucy-Loo to Petsmart for a little outing to get Jaq E Poo some litter. That officially wiped her out and I got to get me some Burger King on the way home. Is it gross that I rewarded my run with fast food? Whatevs, it was delicious.

Yeah.. I know I am slow.

After dropping off the sleeping puppy at home and eating I headed out to the motherland- IKEA! I love it there. I got a bunch of decor-type items and some storage that we needed.


 When I got home I played with the puppy and then got to cleaning (a ton!) and organizing. It was awesome and felt so refreshing.

Did I ever write about these paintings on here? John got them for me for my birthday- he saw them and thought I might like them (I may be slightly predictable) and could use them in the addition!! Their planned location is over the fireplace on the dining room side.

Sunday morning I got up early with the puppy and laid around for awhile. I menu-planned, grocery list made, put everything into my weight watchers points tracker, started laundry, grocery shopped and got home- all before noon! By 2 PM I had unpacked groceries, started the crockpot for supper, made sandwiches for the week, made a big pot of soup for lunches, made pico de gallo and sliced avocado for suppers and finished the laundry. Oh, and made myself grilled cheese for lunch. Awesome. And then I rewarded myself and Lucy with a little 45 minute nap before heading to the airport to get John.


Phew. It was awesome. I am sad though that it is now the work week and the awesome-ness has ended.

Faith  – (January 31, 2012 at 8:08 PM)  

wow, you are not kidding! i wish i were that productive last weekend, but no such luck!

8 miles?! that is so awesome, wow!

Meredith  – (February 1, 2012 at 5:48 PM)  

Holy cow! You got a ton done!

PS- I love the red in your house, as well as those paintings.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP