Mission 10-Miler

Last Sunday I ran another race- a 10 mile one.


The race was in Frederick and in support of the Frederick Rescue Mission. It was their first year doing the race and I think it was really well put together..


The only thing that was the suck was the timing chip- it was an ankle bracelet. Every chip I've had before was either in my bib or a little thing on my shoe/shoe laces. The ankle bracelet sucked.. it tore up my ankle and I finished with blood all over.



The weather ended up being perfect- it was supposed to be rainy/thunderstorm all day, but it didn't rain a drop and the sun came out. Temperatures were in the mid-60's to low 70's. It was just awesome overall. Except I ran in a hat- ugh. I wanted to be prepared if it did rain, but oh well.

Where's Waldo?



It was a rough run.. I've been really slacking on running recently- just a combination of not wanting to go out in the cold, John traveling, etc. I did it though and finished. I will never win a race and just knowing that I can finish (even if I am stinkin slow) is enough for me. I love the running community (everyone is so supportive!) and the rush at the end of a race that I DID IT!


Coming in to finish.


Bonus of this race? Got my first medal!!


Of course afterward we went out and got a celebratory ice cream- first Jimmie Cone of the year!

Faith  – (March 31, 2012 at 1:02 PM)  

Wow so impressed!! Congrats!!

And that cone looks amazing!! Craving one now!

Confessions of a Northern Belle  – (April 2, 2012 at 9:00 AM)  

Congrats! What an accomplishment! I am so not a runner so I am always in awe of those that are, especially people who run in races. Way to go! And that ice cream cone is definitely a great reward for your run!

Meredith  – (April 2, 2012 at 9:56 AM)  

That is AWESOME!! Great job, and that cone looks like it was very well deserved!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP