St.Lucia

Oh yeah.. forgot to mention. John and I spent a week in St.Lucia in March. John was in Korea for 2 weeks immediately prior and barely made it home in time to go on vacation with me, unlike last year. Of course if we are Facebook friends you already knew this and have seen all the (copious) pictures. Feel free to scroll past.

Fond Bay- the water right outside of our B & B.
 
A lady fishing with nets in Fond Bay.

Exploring the bay our first day.

Our B & B - Zamaca- the white building with the green roof.

The view from our room.

Ziplining!

Sault Falls- our driver knew of these falls and picked us up lunch & we picnic'd there- there was no one else around!


Puppies that chilled out on the beach.

Up a mountain on the south end of the island, looking north.


Our view from supper a couple of nights.

Delicious cheesy garlic bread.

The biggest thing we did was a giant hike. We hiked up Gros Piton.. It was a 4.5 hour round trip hike and really pretty strenuous. We passed many people who were on their way down, not having made it to the top. I was really stinkin determined to do it though since it was pretty much a once in a lifetime opportunity.

At the 1/4 way point. Our guide Damascus is in the corner.

At the 1/2 way point looking toward the Petit Piton.

A flower on the "trail."

We made it to the top! Looking South.

Pretty dang sweaty at the top.



Petit Piton from the summit of Gros Piton.

Fuel at the mid-way point. We still had to get down!


While this was called a "hike" it was honestly more of rock climbing/scrambling. There was a "trail" but it was mostly piles of rocks and some man/root-made stairs- 12" rise for every 6" run. Ugh.





While I am glad to be done with that hike and will never do it again, I am also super glad I sucked it up and did it. I doubt I could have completed it a year ago before I started running.

The sunken volcano.

Boiling water in the volcano holes.

Hot sulfur springs that come from the volcano. Our driver, Melvin, next to me took a mud bath.. I declined that.


When we weren't zip-lining, hiking or touring, we spent some time on the beach. We went to Sandy Beach and it was awesome. No crowds and there were a couple of restaurant/bars right on the beach so we could just stay there all day.


There were some dogs that were always there- this little one followed us around.

Rum punch and my kindle? Yes please.

A restaurant that we went to for supper one night.

Outside the B&B on our last night.

The balcony where we ate breakfast every morning.

Ellen's delicious banana bread.

John at breakfast- see that awesome spot on his forehead? Yeah- he didn't put on the brakes quick enough while body surfing. HAHA.


As much as I tried to convince him, John wouldn't move to St.Lucia. So here I am.. back in MD. YAY.

Faith  – (April 4, 2012 at 9:12 AM)  

love all your pictures! makes me want to visit! St. Lucia is beautiful! the views are incredible!

sounds like you had a fabulous time. sorry you couldn't convince hubs to move ;)

Meredith  – (April 4, 2012 at 10:33 AM)  

I think that a Kindle and rum punch sounds like a PERFECT way to spend an afternoon! What an amazing trip!

PS- I've looked for you on Facebook before but couldn't find you! So, you know, find me, if you want to! ;)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP