Randoms..

..that you may or may not know about me.

  • I frequently have visuals where I trip and wipe out. Then that plays on repeat in my head. I laugh. 
  • I do not like tea, hot or cold. I think it tastes like watery dirt. The flavored kinds? I think that tastes like dirty, watered down juice.
  • Whenever I wear a skirt and then go to the bathroom I have a momentary panic attack that I forgot to somehow remove my underwear before peeing and that I am peeing my pants at work.
  • I was born with something like 7 heart defects. I had open heart surgery when I was 5 months old to repair my aorta which was basically closed. I have a heart murmur and click, bicuspid/tricuspid issues and a couple of other things that I can't remember what they are. My only restrictions ever have been no heavy duty weight lifting or rock climbing. Also? Antibiotics before dental work and procedures. I may or may not be able to be pregnant or have a baby w/o c-section. If I am pregnant I will need to be high risk and followed by OB, cardiologist and perinatologist. We will need to go genetic testing prior to kids.
  • I pull my eyelashes out. Nothing that is a huge problem- I frequently feel them "tingle" (I don't know how else to explain it) like they are loose and pull them out. One or two at a time, but sometimes I am overzealous and get a bunch- that hurts. Usually it feels good. Before our wedding I had to make a very conscious effort to not pull at them so that I would have full eyes of lashes for the pictures.
  • I played ice hockey for 5 years in high school and the beginning of college. I miss it a ton. I tried a few years ago to play an intramural-type hockey with John's work, but playing non-structured and without my hockey buddies wasn't the same.
  • I have only once in my life been more than a little tipsy, and that was more recently than college (so, no, I was not that type of college kid). I have never drank to the point of puking or passing out.
  • I make a huge effort to eat clean and non-processed... but almost nightly I cover (all natural, air popped) popcorn in I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray. Yeah.. all chemicals, but so delicious and low in calories. 
  • Along the same lines.. I have had at least one diet Mountain Dew every (week)day for at least 6 or 7 years. I have replaced my morning Dew with coffee (a little more natural, no?) and am working on eliminating the afternoon Dew and saving sodas for night time special occasions.
  • I can't swallow things with chunks in them without first chewing- smoothies and milkshakes are all no-gos (unless I chew, which takes forever and gets me made fun of). I chew yogurt, applesauce, ice cream (except soft serve).
  • Due to the above, I was not able to swallow pills until I was 22 years old. I still get liquid if it is a large pill (ammoxicilan for the dentist) and am SO.PROUD. of myself when I choke pills down.

 How about you? What are your quirks?

Justine  – (May 25, 2012 at 10:34 AM)  

When I hear about people pulling out their eye lashes it grosses me out.. Haha. :) I"m not sure why, but it just really gives me the heebie jeebies or something to think about. :)

Crazy about your heart! I'm glad everything is okay now!

Meredith  – (May 25, 2012 at 12:11 PM)  

I have so many quirks, I wouldn't even know where to start.

It's only in the past year that I've found one brand of tea I like. Before that, I was a TOTAL tea hater.

Okay, here's one weird quirk--I prefer stale marshmallows to normal ones!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP