Quinoa Radish Salad

When we were in St.Lucia.. sigh.. I miss St.Lucia- let's have a picture to reminisce, eh?

Ahh..

Anyway.. when we were in St. Lucia, our Bed & Breakfast owner cooked us dinner a couple of nights. The salad she served with one of the meals blew me away. If it hadn't been rude to refuse I probably would have, but I figured I'd give it a try. SO GLAD I did. This quinoa salad is a similar take on the radish/cucumber/dill salad that Ellen served us in paradise.(Should say served me- John was not afraid of refusing. Well.. he was, and made me eat his portion.)


You can basically sub whatever you want into or out of the salad, and I've added quinoa to it to provide a little extra protein to carry me through the day. I made a big batch on Sunday and then portioned it out for lunch each day this week. Each serving size (portion shown true in the images) is only 7 Weight Watchers Points Plus. You're welcome.


Quinoa Radish Salad

1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
1 cup water
1 bunch radishes, sliced thin
1 large cucumber, sliced thin
1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced or cubed
1/2 small onion, diced
3 tbsp fresh dill, chopped up
6 oz feta (I like the garlic & herb one)
1 tsp olive oil
sea salt

Rinse quinoa in strainer and add, with the water, to a small saucepan. Bring the water to a boil and then turn down the heat and simmer until the water is absorbed (approximately 10 minutes). Fluff up the quinoa with a fork.

Combine all of the veggies, dill, olive oil and feta with the quinoa. Season with sea salt to taste.

Serves: 3 (approx. 1/2 cup of quinoa and 1/3 of the veggies per serving)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP