Randoms

Whoops.. apparently it has been like a month. Nice to see you again ;)

Quick Recap in pictures:

It snowed on Christmas Eve!




 We had the traditional Christmas breakfast of egg casserole/strada, and I made John cinnamon sugar pull apart bread.



 Lucy got a giant Kong!


 We had naptime.. quite similar to Christmas two years ago when we had just gotten Lucy. It did not LOOK the same though. 2010 on the left and 2012 on the right. Yeah..



 Addition plans are moving along! John and his dad finished surveying the yard so that we can figure out the foundation/retaining walls and locate the driveway! Most weekends are now spent in front of the computer finalizing window locations, dimensions, etc.


  And on the same note as the addition... we are in super savings mode now and really working out our budget. As such...we have gotten rid of cable. We are back to bunny ears (with aluminum foil on them!) and the digital converter box. Woo hoo! $2 a day.. it all counts, right? RIGHT!?


 We have been doing a LOT of this while we can.


We had our 4th anniversary on January 10th. I had an awesome morning run, redeemed my birthday massage Groupon, napped, made enchiladas and then we went to see Jim Gaffigan! I have always wanted to see him but could never get tickets!

For our anniversary John got me a the new ipod (since you know, with the tight budget there is really no way in heck we are getting a data plan/smart phones now)! The new ipod has a camera and I am able to get new apps! Yeah.. the excitement in my life. I signed up for instagram finally with it.... let me know who you are so I can see your pictures!


We ended the night at Sweet Frog's for some delicious yogurt. I had birthday cake yogurt with peanut butter, hot fudge, cookie dough, marshmallow and reese's cups! 



I have also been doing a lot of this. I am in a half marathon training group and really pushing myself to increase speed and train well. I have 4 half marathons coming up this spring. I get up at 4:50ish for my am coffee, bike, go to work and then on Tuesdays and Thursdays I have a cross-training workout class after work. Wednesdays I meet the running group at a track for speedwork and Saturday mornings (at 7:30!) are our long runs. Fridays and Sundays are off! I can't wait until it is light out before work so I can switch from biking on Mondays and Thursdays in the morning to running outside. Sometimes I hop on the treadmill, but it just isn't the same.

I've found I really like getting up early. I feel so much more refreshed throughout the day and less tired. So even though it is probably not necessary to have that half hour- 45 minute bike in the morning, I do it anyway to push myself to get up. The weight loss aspect isn't terrible either. :)


And speaking of running... it has been SO COLD here the last week. Last Wednesday's track speed training had us running 4 miles in LESS THAN 10 DEGREES! BUT... I ran my fastest 4 miles yet (races included!) and knocked at least 3 minutes off of my 4 mile time. Crazy.

 LESS THAN A MONTH TO GO!!! Plus I get to go see my favorite cousin after ;)

Faith  – (January 26, 2013 at 10:20 PM)  

Happy Anniversary!

That picture of Lucy sleeping on you is hilarious! That's what Izabella does too!

So exciting about the addition to your house!

You are inspiring! I wish I had the guts to train for a marathon!

Lynnc  – (January 27, 2013 at 9:18 AM)  

Yay for seeing your cousin!!! Wait...I hope you mean ME and not Eric or Kurt or Jim! ;)

Proud of you for running so much, can't wait to see how skinny you are!

I told Kel you guys gave up cable and tried to get him on board with that fabulous savings strategy, but alas, he is not a fan. :(

Maybe we can get Cooper AND Lucy to nap on you in Feb! Wouldn't that be restful. :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP