23 Weeks



Outtake (thanks John):


How far along: 23 Weeks

How big is baby: 



According to the Bump, the baby is the size of a grapefruit, about 10.5 to 11.8 inches and about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces.


BUT at a doctor visit yesterday (more below), the doctor measured the baby at 1.5 lbs (24 oz) and parts consistently measured 1.5-2 weeks ahead. (And nope, no chance the dates are wrong.)

At 23 weeks:
  • She's forming little nipples (yeah, really!)
  • Her face is fully formed now -- she just needs a little extra fat to fill it out.
  • She's listening to your voice and your heartbeat -- and even to loud sounds like cars honking and dogs barking

Weight gain/loss:
Don't know. I feel bigger though. Two weeks ago I wore my non-maternity skinny jeans with a belly band and was just fine. I wore them to work last Friday and felt like I was cutting the baby in half all day. I have retired them to the "will not be able to wear anymore" pile. I do want to look for a pair of maternity skinny jeans though so I can keep wearing my boots!

Stretch marks/belly button:
None so far. Normal belly button.

Sleep: I have actually felt like I am sleeping a little better the last week or so. I think there have been a couple of nights haven't gotten up to pee even once- which is out of the ordinary for me even non-pregnant! I have also started using my pregnancy pillow again. John got it for me for my birthday and it was awesome in first trimester for my back and then for the last month or so I hadn't needed it and it was actually making my hips sore. This week I brought it back to help with my stomach.

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Nothing really.. maybe hummus still but I don't think so. I just haven't tried it again. Also- I have hugely missed brie. At our work party this week, my co-worker found pasteurized brie!! I was so excited.

Movement: Yes. Lots. Definitely a Humphreys (or let's be honest, Wetmiller) baby- loves pizza/cheese and candy/sugar.

What I'm loving: Um the brie I had this week. Cap'n Crunch for a little night time snack. Pizza. Apparently all food.

Symptoms: Nothing besides feeling movement..

What I'm looking forward to:
Seeing all of the baby room come together. I am stressed out about setting up the room, since John and I will need to move out of it first and we can't move until our new bedroom is done. It is going to be cutting it close. I have been trying to do as much pre-planning and purchasing as I can so that when we clear out we literally can just move the baby stuff in and set it in place and organize it. Of course I am trying to buy stuff (room stuff, diapers, etc.) all within our normal budgets since at the moment all "extra" money is reserved for addition just in cases. So.. you are looking at my October and November clothes budgets below. Oh an part of my Christmas present.

Lucy and Jaq inspecting the rug for me.

Best moment of the week: We had a fetal echocardiogram on Monday (yesterday) to double check the baby's heart. My heart stuff is not really genetic and there was like a 1% chance of baby having it too, but the peri wanted to double check just because it doesn't hurt to look. Everything was A-OK and we got to take another look at baby!

In September I went to my cardiologist. My echo came back the same as it did 3 years ago, so no changes in my heart due to pregnancy. The cardiologist gave me the all clear to have a normal birth and said there was no reason to pre-schedule a c-section at this point, at least due to my heart. There was some concern from the OB and peri that the pushing/straining would not be good for my repair, but I am good to go!

How I'm feeling: Good. Normal. Fine.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP