26 & 27 Weeks


How far along: 26 weeks

How big is baby: 

The Bump says the size of a head of cabbage and 13.6-14.8" and 1.5-2.5 lbs.
  • Her eyes are forming, and his eyes will soon start to open.
  • And her eyelashes are now grown, too.
  • She's getting her immune system ready for life on the outside by soaking up your antibodies.
  • She's taking breaths, too. They're of amniotic fluid, not air, but it's still good practice.


How far along: 27 weeks

How big is baby: 


The Bump says the size of a rutabaga and 13.6-14.8" and 1.5-2.5 lbs. Yikes.
  • She's practicing inhaling and exhaling with her rapidly developing lungs.
  • It's official: Baby's showing brain activity! And her brain will keep on getting more complex.

Stretch marks/belly button: Nada, in

Sleep: Good! Still 1-2 pees a night, but that is really the only reason I am waking up.

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Nothing really.

Movement: Yep.. lots. I feel like the movements are much more consistent now. Or maybe baby is just running out of room and I feel it more consistently now. I spend a lot of time at night on the sofa with my shirt up just watching/waiting for my stomach to bounce around. Also, when I have to pee I feel it like WHOA. Maybe just because my bladder is larger at the moment when it is full?

What I'm loving: Had a doc appointment Monday and she officially called me 3rd trimester. WHAAAAT. Also, I passed the 1 hour gestational diabetes test with flying colors. So glad to not have to worry about that during Christmas. Oh, and Lucy has become obsessed with kissing my stomach. We can tell her to kiss the baby and she will nose at my stomach until I lift my shirt and then I get a big kiss on the gut. My parents loved that while they were here..

Symptoms: My tailbone is sore once in awhile still and in the last day or so at night time my belly just feels.. heavy. Low and heavy.. I walk around holding it up higher. I should just wear one of the two support belts that I have..

What I'm looking forward to:
Growth scan next week!

Best moment of the week:
Measuring perfect on the outside at the doctor appointment even if the baby inside is ahead! Being called third trimester! Walls and a roof going on our house! I am feeling less stressed out about timing now..

How I'm feeling: Still good and normal!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP