28 & 29 Weeks



How far along: 28 Weeks


I had a growth scan- everything looked good and baby gave us their hockey player preview.


How big is baby: 


 

The Bump says:
  • She's starting to develop more fat, so her wrinkly skin will start to get smoother.
  • Her lungs are mature enough that she'd probably survive if she was born now. Wow!



I feel like I look a lot more huge this week. Also- Jaq photobomb.


How far along: 29 Weeks

How big is baby:

 
The Bump says:
  • He's getting a little cramped in there, since he's growing so fast. But you probably already realize that, since you're getting all those jabs and kicks.
  • He's growing white fat deposits under his skin, and his energy is surging because of it.
  • Feel a subtle twitch? It might be baby hiccupping.

Stretch marks/belly button: Becoming muuuuuuch more flat and shallow. I was laughing one night (with my shirt up because I watch my stomach jump all night) and John was convinced my belly button was going to just pop out while I was laughing. He said it was "talking" to him. No stretch marks yet.

Sleep: Okay. I have been having to get up a lot more frequently to pee. Also I've got sciatica/a pinched nerve in my right butt cheek that pinches any time I even more my right leg. A lot of times it is much worse than others and usually by the end of the day it is pretty bad. In bed between the stomach in the way and the nerve pain, I feel like a beached whale. I cannot roll over at all. I have to completely wiggle worm to the edge of the bed swing my legs out, stand up and then get back in bed however I needed to readjust to. Usually I go to the bathroom then because I've already made the effort to get up.

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Nothing really. I still haven't tried hummus.

Movement: Lots. Like lots and lots. I can see it from the outside under clothes. My stomach is constantly bouncing. Lucy gets kicked in the face a lot and then gives me a look like, "what the heck ma!?"

What I'm loving: Feeling the movement- it is reassuring, even if it makes me nervous about this kid's personality. I also love the ultrasound picture we got last week- it looks like baby is getting ready to fight and wants to drop it's gloves.

Symptoms: Peeing a lot (a LOT- any time I stand up I need to pee- thanks gravity. I feel like I am constantly in the bathroom.), movement..

What I'm looking forward to:
Meeting the baby! Finding out if it is a he or she!

Best moment of the week:
Growth scan showing everything right on track (well, only slightly ahead)

How I'm feeling: Sore. I'm waddling due to my leg. Oh well.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP