31 & 32 Weeks






How far along: 31 Weeks

How big is baby: 



The Bump: He's about 15.2 to 16.7 inches long and weighs about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds this month. He's getting so big, he's probably crowding your lungs.

  • He's going through major brain and nerve development.
  • Eye development, too. His irises now react to light!
  • All five of his senses are in working order.


 

How far along: 32 Weeks

How big is baby: 

 

The Bump: Still growing, your baby weighs in at about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds and measures about 15.2 to 16.7 inches.
  • She's getting ready for her descent -- she's likely in the head-down position now.
  • And she's probably feeling a even more cramped.

Stretch marks/belly button:
Yep... stretch marks showed up last week, a few under my belly.. they have just been multiplying. The underside of my stomach really hurts... it feels bruised. I think it is the skin stretching? I have an appointment this week that I will ask at. My belly button it still an innie (barely)... just very shallow and narrow.

Sleep: Mehhh... I have to get up a lot to pee and I have been so sore. Some nights I am just really uncomfortable. I have been trying out new pillow configurations and the pillows are just getting out of control.

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: No cravings or aversions. I have officially introduced hummus back into my lunches!

Movement: Lots.. less kicky/jumpy than before and more of a rolling feeling. Oh and I've started being able to notice hiccups.

What I'm loving: My shower is this weekend.

What I'm looking forward to:
I am really excited to be able to start organizing all of our piles of baby stuff after my shower. We have all of the basic "needs" on hand (bassinet, car seat, diapers are prepped, enough hand me down clothes to clothe the child). I am getting really antsy/nervous about everything and making sure we are ready.

We had our first childbirth class last week (6 week series that covers birth, the hospital and its policies, breastfeeding and infant care) and I am due first and the most behind schedule. Ughhhh.... There isn't really anything we can do about it though. At least John was there too and I think it finally hit him. With all of the house stuff that he has basically been responsible for and been coordinating and building, I think he has either been in denial that the baby is coming soon, or just trying to ignore that fact. Haha.

Best moment of the week:
John saw the baby tumbling again last night. It makes me laugh how horrified his face always is. It really hits home that there is a HUMAN BEING inside of me. Also... our fifth anniversary was on Friday. We didn't do anything special (at all) but it was still nice.

How I'm feeling: Sore. Achy. Heavy. Antsy. 

Faith  – (January 12, 2014 at 11:39 AM)  

Have the best time at your shower!

Happy 32 weeks!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP