35 Weeks

Dog tail photobomb.

How far along: 35 weeks.. holy crap.

How big is baby:


 

According to The Bump- a cocount!
  • Now, his hearing is fully developed, and he responds best to high-pitched noises.
  • If it's a boy, his testes have probably fully descended.
Stretch marks/belly button: Same as last week.

Sleep: 
Fine. I even had one or two nights that I slept through! I do wake up all sweaty (which is a feat considering we haven’t had heat- just space heaters- all winter and it was in the negatives overnight this last week) with my hands wicked swollen. My knuckles actually have been hurting, which I am wondering if it is just the blood from the swelling settling in my knuckles.

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: 
Nah.

Movement: 
Yep. It definitely isn’t as jabby as I was expecting for this stage- more just rolly and soft. I guess there isn’t a ton of room for movement.

What I'm loving: 
I am pretty meh this week. I guess I am loving the fact that everything is organized. The car seats are in and we have seat inspections scheduled. Now if only we had a dryer so I could wash and dry the baby clothes…

Symptoms: 
Same as last week... also add in crazy exhaustion. I am seriously more tired than first tri. 

Also.. I've been having some cramping. Nothing in waves or timeable, so I don't think they are braxton hicks or contractions.. just uncomfortable cramps. The OB checked and I'm not dilated at all either. 

I am swelling like crazy now too. The last few weeks I would be a little swollen (feet) at the end of the day.  Now? I take my shoes off at my desk at like 10 am and see the shoe indents on my feet. I walk around the office with no shoes and put my feet up in a chair across from my desk as much as I can. My face is also clearly swollen. Sweet. Hopefully this means I can blame some of the weight gain on water weight. 

What I'm looking forward to: 
Our new dryer should be delivered the week of 2/3ish. I can’t wait to wash and dry baby clothes and then feel so much better.

How I'm feeling:
Blah. On Thursday we had a 34 week (+) growth ultrasound. It was supposed to be the last, but we found out that the baby is still breech. Also, the head is in the 95%+ while the rest of the body is normal (maybe slightly large) range. The fluid level is supposed to be between 5 and 20 (whatever the units are) and mine is 7-8 depending on who measured. So while the fluid is in the normal range, it is relatively low which does not provide much opportunity for the baby to move. They had us schedule another ultrasound in 3 weeks to check the baby’s presentation and if it is still breech, we will have to schedule a C section for 39 weeks-ish.

I am most likely not a candidate for a version (the doctors basically forcibly rotate the baby) due to the low fluid, so my options are some sitting exercises/stretches and old wives tales type things. 

Don't look too closely. I've given up cleaning due to construction.

I’ve also heard good things about Webster method chiropractors- checked at my doctor's appointment today and she is good with that, acupuncture and massage, so I am going to try the chiropractor ASAP. 

I had been recently getting into mentally preparing for birth and all that comes with it, and coming up with some sort of a birth plan/ideals, so this just feels like a kick in the pants.

Other than being blah about the baby’s position, I physically feel good. My pelvis/undercarriage gets sore/achy if I stand or walk too long, but duh, there is 5.5+ lbs of baby sitting on it and gravity is not helping things out.


And just for funsies... a comparison shot of 5 weeks, 15, 25 and 35. Yow.

4D Scan  – (January 29, 2014 at 4:27 PM)  

4D scans are beautiful in this gestational age.
It shows the final distinct facial feature of the baby right before it is born, So nice, have a look.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP