The house..

So we did it.. last night we put an offer in on the house! We heard back already too. They countered, as we fully expected them to, but they countered 15k under their asking price! They even went over half of the difference between our offer and the listing. Of course their dummy agent didn't tell them that we were also asking for closing costs which takes a bunch out of their bottom line, so he has to get back to us about an offer that includes closing costs.. ugh. More waiting.

Also, I just need to mention how TERRIBLE my co-workers are with money. About a month ago, the other 3 girls in my "pod" were talking about getting house loans and credit scores. A couple of them decided that it was pretty much impossible to have a credit score over 700, but the third said that there are definitely those w/scores over 700- her boyfriend being one. And then they were all discussing how "he must be one of those who pay EVERY bill on time" and they don't know how he does it.

I just sat there with my mouth open. They DON'T pay their bills on time!? How do you NOT!? I don't pay the bills now, just because John likes to keep track of it all and check a gajillion times a day, but when I lived on my own, I paid all of the bills on time every month without carrying any credit card debt. These girls thought it was normal and didn't know how people would be able to pay for things every month. HELLO! BY NOT SPENDING MORE MONEY THAN YOU MAKE!

Today my co-worker mentioned how she went to Macy's to pay her credit card bill (apparently they won't let her mail a check or pay online?) because she had gotten a call from them telling her that she had to go pay.. apparently she can't keep track of this on her own. When she got to Macy's today, they told her that the bill was $25. She came back all pumped because she finished paying off that card- from OCTOBER!! Want to know what she bought? A freaking jacket and two dresses! She was still paying off a jacket & dresses 9 months later!!! WHY would you buy them if you didn't have the money and wouldn't for so long? OI!

I could go on and on about this girl and her financial IRresponsibility. It just kills me how self-entitled people are- they think they deserve what they want just because they want it.. forget saving up for something- just go buy it now!

Anonymous –   – (June 10, 2009 at 12:32 AM)  

oh my! I know how that is! Before I got married, I NEVER carried a balance and ALWAYS paid bills on time. Which is why I keep trying to get hubby to let me pay extra on our credit card now that it has a balance. (Thankfully, only the ONE card!)

What gets me is PARENTS who can't pay their bills on time. I just don't know how you can live with yourself. It's amazing to me when people have to CHOOSE which bills to pay.

Oh, and how much do you think that girl paid for those dresses & jacket? Probably double, if not TRIPLE, because of fees, interest, etc.

*sigh* I totally am on your side with this ... it's insane. And hubby and I both have credit scores over 700 - even with the outstanding balance on our credit card (but, like I said, we pay a LOT extra on it every month.)

I've got my fingers crossed for you on the house! It's exciting isn't it?? :)

Meredith  – (June 10, 2009 at 9:59 AM)  

I'm crossing my fingers that you guys get good house news!

Unknown  – (June 13, 2009 at 10:23 AM)  

Hi Sam! I stumbled across your blog. Glad to hear you're doing well. Prayers for the house thing to work out.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP