Ahem...


I hadn't said anything because I didn't know if it would happen, but it is looking good- Dudes... I am going to AFRICA!!! Fo' Free! Well.. I have to work.. but still!

Last Friday I was called into one of the partners' office. He is head of HR and all of that, so I was nervous/scared. Even more so when he asked me to shut the door to his office... Well, when I shut the door, he asked if I would be open to traveling! HECK YES! He told me that the office has a ton of work coming in and there is nothing for certain yet.

I hadn't updated my passport since we got married/I changed my name, as I needed it for the cruise in my maiden name, as well as for a trip in the summer that was in my maiden name. I figured I would update my passport this week, so I would have it ready. Not so much.. Monday morning, on his way to his office, first thing in the door, the partner asked if I have a passport. All of a sudden there was a big rush to get the name changed because there was a trip pretty quick that also requires a visa. WHOA FAST.

I spent all of yesterday (Tuesday) running around and getting passport pictures done, filling out forms and then going to some passport office that can get it done like overnight. For an extra $200 or so. Yay...

Anywho.. I got my new passport today. Friday I go to a health clinic to get a TON of shots- yellow fever, etc. Then I think we are good to apply for a visa.

They don't know for sure yet when the trip is going to be- either the last week of October, or more likely, one of the first two weeks of November. It is only a week long, so its not going to be like one of John's month long trips. From what I know so far, I will be inventorying furniture at an existing embassy so we know what there is for the new one/addition. I don't have too many details, and I don't want to give specifics that I do know right now, as it is a government project and there is a bit of security around it (as I'm sure you can understand).

I will make sure to take lots of pictures for my friends though :)

A Wedding Story  – (October 7, 2009 at 10:58 PM)  

How exciting!!! Gotta love getting that passport!!

Meredith  – (October 8, 2009 at 10:20 AM)  

Ohhhh! I wish there were more opportunities to travel with my job!

Justine  – (October 8, 2009 at 11:16 AM)  

AFRICA?!?!?! I AM 100% JEALOUS!!!! I hope everything goes well!! Keep us updated!! :)

Leslie G  – (October 8, 2009 at 2:38 PM)  

Sa-weet! My mom is actually leaving for Africa for several weeks at the end of this month! I am so jealous of her- And YOU!! =) Have fun!

Blair  – (October 9, 2009 at 1:46 PM)  

How exciting!I hope everything goes perfect!
I'm a new follower and I look forward to keeling up with you!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP