What to eat?

So.. we have been eating terribly lately. It makes me feel so gross afterwards :( A couple of months ago, for a few weeks (while John was away) I ate really well- lots of plain veggies, a small amount of carbs (in whole grain form), plain meat, etc. I felt awesome while I was eating this way, but it was so hard to keep it up because I felt like I there was so much repetition.

I am going to try to go back to eating food in their more natural state (not covered in sauce, blah blah blah)- cooked better: grilled/baked meat, boiled/steamed/grilled veggies. Do you have any suggestions for me?? I don't eat chicken or beef, and we don't really like fish. Of course if you have a good fish suggestion, I will definitely take it into consideration! I want to make sure the food is as "clean" as possible though. I will incorporate a grain into my dinner meals- 1/2 potato, brown rice, etc.

I need some good ideas peeps! I don't want to get bored of eating better!

rab  – (October 5, 2009 at 12:02 PM)  

welcome to my world samantha! do you like veggie burgers? or, how about grilled, marinated portabella mushroom burgers? do you guys eat seafood? i make this yummy shrimp dish....i sautee colossal shrimp with garlic & olive oil & then toss in diced tomatoes & italian seasoning & serve over wholte wheat penne pasta...so good.

Lynnc  – (October 5, 2009 at 12:40 PM)  

Most of our meals contain lean ground turkey meat...here are some of ours favs:
chili
Mexican lasagna
spaghetti pie (with whole wheat pasta)
shephards pie
turkey ricotta meatballs

Let me know if you want any of the recipes

Lynnc  – (October 5, 2009 at 12:42 PM)  

I just thought of another few:
taco salad (with ground turkey)
omelettes with egg whites and turkey sausage or turkey bacon
tacos with ground turkey and avacado

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP