It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

I am from upstate NY.. I am used to SNOW. I've since moved to Maryland.. where they freak out at the thought of 1/4" of snow and then it doesn't even come. Oi.

Yesterday it did! They were forecasting it all week and I didn't want to get my hopes up, but we woke up to snow! John was so pumped.. bouncing around the house all day. We were planning on going to a farm to cut down our tree and the snow made it perfect!

We went to a farm about 15 minutes away from our house. It was actually the second one that we stopped at because the first one was a little difficult for our little car to get to in the snow.


The farm had pre-cut trees and "U-Cuts" a little cheaper for $35. I was all about the "U-cut"... John not so much. We grabbed a saw and headed out into the field. We had to walk all of the way to the end to get trees that we big enough. It was pretty clear that they had already cut all of the good ones for them to sell for more money. It was the experience that counted...



Looking back toward the entry and barn.


Finally, we found one!
Hey, he is a little hole-y but we can turn it to the wall, right? We had better be able to since this was about the only one that was the right size.

There is a tush cutting down my tree!


Success! (I must mention that he was like, "Hey! Take my picture like this! Take it!"

After a trip into the barn to pay and get hot chocolates, we (John) rigged the tree to the car. This was followed by a random sighting and awkward conversation with a co-worker, and then we were on our way home. Slowly.

Yes, that IS John's Power Rangers sheet on top of the car, under the tree.


We arrived home to about 4" of snow on the ground. It was a Christmas miracle.

This is what our house looks like with "snow". Remember it because this will probably be the last time we ever see this much snow around these parts.

Our backyard.


The front yard and cars. Lucky that we got that new driveway, eh?


The front yard.

Some more front yard.

We spent today decorating the tree, so I will have to get some pictures of that...

Meredith  – (December 6, 2009 at 9:46 PM)  

We haven't had any snow yet--I'm hoping that it snows enough tonight to have a snow day tomorrow!

Justine  – (December 7, 2009 at 6:48 AM)  

Beautiful!! I miss snow terribly!!

Bubbles...ooo  – (December 9, 2009 at 9:14 AM)  

How I wish, we have a little here. Sunshine, Rain and heat the whole year round is what I have....:(
BTW, nice pics. enjoyed them. Happy Hols

WifeOfARedhead  – (December 10, 2009 at 7:31 AM)  

lmao at the power rangers sheet! Too cute!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP