Recap - January Goals 2010

-Count calories daily (except for the long weekend we are in CA)
Success!! I downloaded a calorie counting app for my ipod touch and it makes counting SO much easier than trying to do it on the computer. I added my meals for the day while I was on the metro and if anything changed during the day, I just did it right then!

-Work out 3 times/week
Another success! A couple of weeks I even did 4 times! As I mentioned, I started a step aerobics/toning/weight lifting class at the community center. The class is Saturday mornings, so not only am I getting a workout, but I get up and productive!

In conjunction with counting my calories, working out helped me to lose SIX POUNDS this month!! I am so excited about that. It makes it so worth it to see results.

-Fix guest room layout
Done and done!
The guest room started out looking like this:

And now looks like this:

The bed jutting out into the room just took up too much space. Turning it and moving the bookcase makes the room so much bigger and makes it much easier for me to ride my stationary bike or Shred (when I get around to that). PLUS, as you can see, there is a good spot next to the sewing table for me to move the bike to when not in use.

Take a good look at this plan, because changes are coming to this room!

-Pick seeds & plan my gardens for the spring
Done! I started by making a dream/wish list of all the veggies I would LIKE to have.

John measured the existing chain link fence that we have in the yard. We decided to use that area as my garden for this year at least. The fence is 22'x30'- a good sized garden!

Once I knew the size of the future garden, I grabbed some graph paper and figured out how many rows I could get (10) and what would fit from my wish list.

The result:

Pumpkins (Cinderella), corn, carrots, beets, salsa/canning tomatoes,
potatoes, onions, peas, peppers, zucchini, cucumbers and pickling cucumbers


-Draw our bathroom in CAD & 3D
Semi-completed. I started drawing the house in Revit (which is also modelling in 3D at the same time). I have not completely finished :(

-Price out the bathroom re-do
Semi-completed. I priced out everything, but since I didn't finish the 3D model, I am not quite certain what tile we will be using. Changing up the tile could change the pricing a bit. Otherwise, it looks as though we will come in right around what we were expecting to spend, if not less!

-Order exam study materials
Fail. But not on my part... the people who make the test aren't going to have the study materials available until MID MARCH! The exam is April 9-10.. um hello? How the HECK am I supposed to study in that amount of time!? Not only will the material not be available until March, but it will be solely online... yeah I am a highlighter/note taker. Not going to work.

I've decided to order the old study materials and hope that helps until I can get the up to date ONLINE material. I'm also going to read some of the suggested study material that I already have.

-Complete at least one section of my business plan
FAIL. I didn't even look at it.

-Only get carryout pizza once
WIN! We only got Dominos once! A big difference from the 2-3 times a month it used to be.

Pam  – (February 4, 2010 at 9:09 AM)  

WOW! You have been so productive! That is awesome! Keep up the momentem, I can't wait to see what you get done in Feb!!

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha  – (February 4, 2010 at 10:07 AM)  

Hey Samantha, nice job with keeping up with your goals!
I have some seeds that are free for any takers, so if you are interested, please check out my blog.

Meredith  – (February 4, 2010 at 1:20 PM)  

You are so organized...and you are going to have a TON of tomatoes lady! We only had four tomato plants last year, and so many of them went bad because I couldn't keep up!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP