Freezer Meals for a New Mom

Almost 2 months ago now our niece was born. I knew that I wanted to make some freezer meals for my brother and sister in law when she came, so the week after Sienna was born, I started cooking and baking.

For the freezer(s) I made:
Chicken Spaghetti
2 Turkey Meatloaves
Chicken Enchiladas
Banana Bread
Chocolate Chip Cookies

We also got a bag of Parmesan Breaded Tilapia that we love. These can be stuck in the oven right from the freezer and only take about 15 minutes to bake up.

The meatloaves were pre-baked so they only needed to be thawed and then popped into the oven to reheat. The enchiladas and spaghetti were assembled but not baked. They needed to be thawed and then stuck into the oven for about 20-45 minutes. Obviously, the bread and cookies were already baked.

In addition to the above, I also brought over a fresh lasagna, lettuce/croutons/salad and garlic bread for that evening, and some crackers for munching.

I brought everything over a week after Sienna was born so that the new parents would have a chance to get settled back in at home. I was so glad to be able to do this for them- I love having an excuse to cook and bake and I am sure that parents of a brand new baby have more pressing matters than making sure that they will have a full meal of non-fast food.

Lastly,
Sienna and Maui. How cute!?

Faith  – (July 8, 2010 at 8:09 PM)  

that is so sweet of you!

i love that picture of your niece!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP