Success!

Houston, we have corn! ..almost. We will have edible corn by the end of July, I'd say.

Ta da! This is only one of the many ears that are popping up in the corn patch. I can't wait until it is ready- I got yellow sweet corn seeds. Yum.

Also, last week before we left for the lake, I picked these! Yellow squash (one promptly went on top of my grilled pizza that night), a cucumber (in my lunch this week) and a couple of baby plum tomatoes!

Last night I picked a zucchini and many more tomatoes. Soon enough I will be picking enough tomatoes at once to make bigger batches of pico de gallo!


I've also got potatoes that are ready to be dug up, onions ready to be picked and more cucumbers on the vine! I'm still worried about my pumpkins though. There were a bunch of big blossoms on the vines but they shriveled up! I'm not sure if it got too hot or what. I've been watering the plants since it got so hot here and the blossoms died away, so hopefully something will come out of the plants.

Oh, and for a couple of weeks I had a few peas. My plants never really got bushy and I only had a few pods to pick. Then the sun burnt the plants, despite my best effort to keep them watered. I am thinking that the pea season is about done anyway, so there is no reason to hold out hope for anymore peas.

(A couple of the pods that I picked and thoroughly enjoyed raw peas from.)


PS- I still need shoe help. Please?

Faith  – (July 9, 2010 at 9:39 PM)  

i am sooo jealous! do you shop online? Zappos has an amazing selection!

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha  – (July 12, 2010 at 12:15 PM)  

Corn yeah!!! Everything looks great!
About the peas, they are cool weather veggie, so plant them in the spring as soon as the ground can be worked in.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP