Randoms

1- I have been a bad blogger. Wanna know why? I wish I could tell you. I hate having to get on the desktop to download my pictures from the camera- that computer is SO. SLOW. I don't really want to post too much without pictures, but see above.

2- John is out of town for work for 3+/- weeks so I haven't been menu planning- pretty much just eating whatever I feel like. (Hence the bad blogging on Menu Plan Monday)

3- It is lonely not having my husband home. There is only so much I can tell the cat and I get sick of the one eyed look that he gives me when I try to talk to him while he is sleeping (aka all of the time).

4- I painted the living room and kitchen this weekend. It is an awesome medium gray. I love love love it. I would post pictures, but there are a couple of things I still want to hang and work on (plus clean up) before I do that. Then I will have to work up the motivation to go onto the desktop to load the pictures.

5- My birthday is this week. I am going to be 25. That blows my mind.

6- I missed our 1.5 year anniversary. Oops.

7- I am a grocery cart judger. I look in other people's carts at the checkout and compare it to mine. Mine is almost always healthier and more "wholesome". The lady behind me on Sunday though was one of the worst I have ever seen- frozen chicken nuggets, frozen bagel bites, and basically consisted of other frozen/pre-packaged goods, in addition to bulk packs of blue box mac & cheese and cookies. Gag. She was mothering age too so you know she was feeding that to her kids. Way to get them started on the right track lady.

8- As a side note to the above, I have really been trying hard recently to make sure we are eating real foods.. I have been getting veggies either from the farmer's market or my garden. I want to keep working on this.

My next step I think is to get a deep freeze from Craigslist and then head to a local farm that sells meat and stock up for the winter, in addition to buying a boatload of veggies from the farmer's market to freeze, since my garden isn't producing enough.

9- The corn? Bad news.. the ears are looking awesome (& ready soon!) but it looks like there is a ton of ants on them! I am going to try to brush them off when the corn is ready and then see what happens. Hopefully next year the garden will be more successful since I will have a chance to really kill the grass and will hopefully have compost to mix in. Gah. We will see.

10- I feel like this list should be an even 10 items, but think I already hit on all my points. Dang.

Faith  – (July 20, 2010 at 6:49 PM)  

hahhaa, grocery cart judger! that made me lol.

i know how you feel when the hubby is away. it is crazy how lonely it feels. hope you are keeping your busy to not have to think about it as much.

Kayla  – (July 20, 2010 at 7:34 PM)  

Happy early birthday!! :-)

I've been guilty myself of grocery cart judging..... We all do it!

Meredith  – (July 30, 2010 at 10:46 AM)  

I definitely should freeze some veggies this fall too--I am pretty good with freezing meat, but always forget about veggies!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP